Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had such a lovely Mother's Day this year! It started on Thursday May 9th when I attended Kanyon's Kindergarten Mother's Luncheon. I was so impressed with all that had been prepared for it: there was extra tables set up in the classroom, and all the tables had tablecloths on them, and they were set very nicely. Each child had drawn & colored 2 placemats that had been laminated, and they'd also each painted a birdhouse for their mom that they put by the placemats. Lunch was delicious ham croissant sandwiches, chips with homemade salsa, punch and cookies. I had such a wonderful time with Kanyon and I felt so spoiled!
Before we began eating:
 
Me & my cute Kindergartener:

After lunch, by the placemat he drew & birdhouse he painted as gifts for me:

In Jonah and Micah's class at school, they had painted little terracotta pots and then planted flowers in them for their moms. They did a great job painting so creatively, and I loved their gifts!

On Mother's Day, the boys all gave me some of my favorite chocolate bars and Josh got me some new sandals. Then they planted rows of flowers in the backyard along the house for me and in the pots along the front of the house, too. I so much appreciate and love that they purchase and plant flowers for me every year for Mother's Day! I love looking at the colorful plants after they've been planted; they really brighten the exterior of our home as well as my spirits!
 
I love my boys so much, and I am so blessed to be their mother! I am so grateful that Josh is a wonderful father and he teaches them the importance of showing respect and love for me, and he always remembers to show his appreciation to his mother AND his children's mother for Mother's Day!

No comments: