Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ravens and Niners and Pats, Oh My

Ammon has always been a Patriots fan. He was super stoked when they made it to the NFL conference finals this year. He got his jersey on, and had the twins wear their matching jerseys to help support him and his team for the game against the Ravens.


Unfortunately, wearing their jerseys didn't help the Pats team enough to win...because ultimately they lost the game. Ammon was bummed, of course. But I informed the boys that we could have a superbowl party in 2 weeks, and they all were glad about that. I let them invite who they wanted to, and after discussing it together, they decided we should invite the Tarkalson's. The Tarkalson family came to our superbowl party the previous year, and they accepted our invitation to join us again this year.

My superbowl party tradition is to have a guessing contest. Every person guesses which team they think will win, and predicts what the score will be. I write all the predictions down, and the person who guessed the closest to the actual score with the right winning team, wins a prize. When the Tarkalsons arrived, I wrote down all the predictions, and we got straight to vegging on the couch, watching the TV, and munching on all the goodies that Ashley & I had prepared. I let each of the boys pick one food item they wanted me to make, and I made them all: ham wrapped pickles for Kanyon, chocolate chip cheesecake squares for Micah, muddy buddies for Jonah, bbq lil smokies for Ammon & Josh, and fruit with dip for me. Ashley brought yummy taco dip & chips, homemade chocolates, and drinks. We engorged ourselves on food all night!

The superbowl game was the Ravens against the 49ers, and I'm not a fan of either team, but I sure enjoyed the company of the Tarkalsons. And I actually watched a majority of the game this year instead of just the commercials. There were a lot of great commercials this year, too. I really liked the Doritos (dad dressing up to have tea party with daughter), Taco Bell (oldies out on the town after curfew), Oreos (quietly tearing up the library), Tide (stain on jersey in the shape of Joe Montana), and Dodge (God made a farmer) commercials.

The only thing I didn't like about the superbowl party this year was the fact that the power went out on the stadium during the game, and that half hour of waiting time made the kids start getting all antsy! That delay also made our night a little longer, too. But Ashley & Eric stuck it out with us, and we so much enjoyed hanging out with them!

The final score of the game was Ravens-34, 49ers-31. My guess at the beginning of the game was Ravens-32, 49ers-27. I was the closest person to the final score with my predictions, so that meant that I was the winner! I was so excited! It was the first time that's happened, and I got to keep the bag of chocolate that I bought as the prize! ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! We look so excited ! I really love the pic that looks like Josh has his finger up his nose!!!

Holly said...

Glad to see your boys sporting Patriots blue!!

And it was a very sad day in our house...no Pats and then the 49ers lost the SB. :(