Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 2012 on FB

July 3: We just got a phone call at 1am. I thought somebody had died...but no, it was a wrong phone number. I was gonna complain...but the truth is, I'd rather be woken up by a wrong phone number than a call about death.

July 4: Just booked the hotels for our family vacation to Glacier Natl Park in 2 weeks! So excited!!!

July 6: 5th week of summer: golfing with Josh, haircuts for me & Josh, 2 outdoor dinners with extended family, 2 playdates with friends in our backyard, 2 rounds of homemade ice cream, and lots of time spent with cousins! Lovin' summer!!!

July 9: I accidentally broke my husband's toe yesterday...just by bumping it with my foot!

July 13: 6th week of summer (the halfway point...BOO!): our family was in the 4th of July parade on a float promoting our pumpkin patch, we celebrated Josh's parents' 40th wedding anniversary, we participated in a family talent show, we watched our neighbors drive in the annual demolition derby, I drove to Boise and back with Amanda, the boys went to swimming lessons every morning, and I saw "Brave" in the movie theater.

July 17: I admit it: I love casseroles. Our family eats them on a weekly basis!

July 20: 7th week of summer: the boys all passed swimming lessons, our family watched Ice Age 4 in the movie theater, had a cousins playday & another friend playday in the backyard ditch, Josh & I placed at Couples Golf, I sang at a baptism, and we ate 4 packages of popsicles since it was so hot out!!!

July 21: getting everything ready today for our family vacation tomorrow. So excited to go to: Spokane Washington, Whitefish Montana, and Glacier Natl Park! It's gonna be a great week!!!

July 27: Eeek--8 weeks of summer are gone! This week we: saw Ammon play baseball in the stake 24th celebration tournament, rode the world's longest gondola, visited my 95-year-old grandpa in Spokane, played on the Whitefish lake sandy beach, drove the going-to-the-sun road in Glacier, hiked to see lakes and waterfalls, rented a boat and took another boat tour ride on Glacier lakes, drove over 1,000 miles in 3 states, and watched the finale of HGTV's Design Star!

July 30: Ammon was going to leave for a 6-day scount camp today. I was so sad to let him go, because he's just 12 and it's his 1st time away from home alone for so long. But then late last night, we got a phone call saying there's a wild fire, and the scout camp was evacuated so he couldn't go today. But somehow, that just made me sadder for him instead of glad for myself.

No comments: