Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 2012 on FB

Mar. 1: My other 4th grade class performed "Annie Jr" today: once for the school and once for their parents. They had such a terrific performance for the school this morning, and I heard rave reviews all day! They've been working on this play for 4 months, and I'm so glad they did a great job and that it's over!

Mar. 2: my heart is broken...a friendship has ended and it hurts something fierce.

Mar. 3: i love going on dates with my husband! Eating at a nice restaurant and soaking in the hot springs was so relaxing and soothing and was just what I needed. i sure love that man!

Mar. 3: Watched Jonah and Micah compete in their first wrestling tournament in Montana today. They both did well! Jonah made it to the final round, but lost and was so upset that he was so close to getting a medal but didn't. I'm so proud of both of them!

Mar. 4: To celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, all my 2nd grade classes will be performing the Seussical Musical jr. play this week! There will be performances every single day this week! It's going to be fun!

Mar. 7: Two of my 2nd grade classes performed "Seussical Musical Jr" for their parents today and did fabulous! I'm so proud of them! Including my own 2nd grade twins, Jonah and Micah!

Mar. 8: The last "Seussical Musical" performance was today! I'm so proud of all my students! I wish the community would understand how a new school would positively affect their lives. They really deserve and NEED a new school!

Mar. 9: It was such a beautiful day out today! The boys mistakenly thought it was summer, so they took off their clothes, brought up water from the creek to the dirt pile, and played in the mud for quite some time! The sun and the bare skin put a smile on my face!

Mar. 12: I like those new Savanna Smiles girl scout cookies!

Mar. 13: Many thanks go out to the Citizens Committee who tried so hard to have a successful school bond vote! I commend your efforts! I am disheartened at all the selfish people we have in this community who refuse to think of the children or of Salmon's future.

Mar. 14: happy hump day, happy pi day, unhappy day-after-another-failed-school-bond-vote day. Also, i do not like rude, controlling, bullying behavior from adults. 

Mar. 15: proud of Ammon for auditioning and making it to the area's Jr. High Honor Band. Gonna go watch him play the trumpet!

Mar. 17: had green potatoes and ham for dinner! happy st. pats day!

Mar. 18: took a siesta with my sweetie on a snowy Sunday. loved it!

Mar. 19: just 3 more days...I've told myself that all day long. Just 3 more days til the 3rd grade program is done. Just 3 more days of work until spring break. Just 3 more days of this March Madness crazy-busy days and nights! I can make it! Just 3 more days!

Mar. 22: WOW!!! My 60 3rd graders were phenomenal today in their Musical Disney Display!!! There were well over 200 audience members in attendance, and I'm so glad because it was such an awesome show! And now I can breathe again...for 10 days! Happy Spring Break to me!!!

Mar. 22: As I was introducing myself to the parents today before the students' performance, I wanted to say "Hi. My name is Kala, and I work in a button factory." I told two people I almost did that, and neither one of them had ever heard of the song before!! Do you know that song?!

Mar. 23: I feel like I've emotionally been under an elephant stampede.

Mar. 24: the twins had wrestling tournaments last night and today, and they did so good! I am so proud of them!!! they came away with medals and smiles after the one at West Jefferson today, and I was so glad! 

Mar. 25: took a fun family bike ride on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. spring break and sunshine and family time make me so happy!!!

Mar. 26: Hooray for spring break and spring cleaning on a blustery day! Got the twins' room all cleaned out and rearranged. Feels good to throw away stuff and fill up a box with give-away items, too! 

Mar. 27: 7 loads of laundry...and the kids' dirty clothes are now all clean. Miracle of the day: finding lost socks in other people's drawers!!! Josh had socks in Ammon's drawer, Ammon had lost socks in Jonah and Micah's drawer, and the twins had missing socks in Kanyon's drawer!!! And all this time, I thought it was the dryer that ate them, but it was just their brothers who never fold socks that had them!

Mar. 28: rain rain go away. i really wanted to go outside and play today.

Mar. 29: I just saw "Tin Tin" which I've wanted to see since the last season of Amazing Race when the competitors had to dress up like Thompson & Thompson and figure out who they actually were. I liked the movie!

Mar. 31: going camping today for the first time this year! the boys are so excited and have been counting down the days! Kanyon came into our room this morning and announced "we are going camping this year", which his brother interpreted for him means "we are going camping TODAY"!

No comments: