Wednesday, March 14, 2012

for the Pats lover in the fam

For years, Ammon's favorite NFL team has been the Patriots. So he was very excited when the Pats made it to the Superbowl this year! I like to host Superbowl parties every year, but I wasn't in the mood for one this year. The week before the Superbowl, the boys starting asking who was coming over for the Superbowl this year, and I kept telling them that I wasn't going to have a party...so nobody was coming. But a few days prior to the big day, I decided that we should have one for Ammon since his team was in it, after all. I thought it would be fun for Ammon if the people who came were his friends, so I invited his friend Hunter's family. Ashley and the kids came over for our mini superbowl party and we had a lot of fun together! Josh and Ammon watched the game with Hunter, and the other kids all played, while us ladies talked and ate in the kitchen! The best part of the Superbowl (besides the commercials) is the food, after all!


Every year before the game begins, I like to have a little contest. Everyone guesses which team they think will win and what the score will be. Whoever gets the closest wins a prize (usually chocolate or candy). It was half and half this year between votes for the Pats and votes for the Giants. Ultimately, it was the Giants who won, and Hunter had the closest score guess, so he walked away with the chocolate prize. Even though Ammon was disappointed that the Patriots didn't win, we were all glad that our friends came over to spend the day with us, and we all got full on great snack food. (Oh...and I was happy with Madonna's half-time show because it hasn't been that great for the past several years.) Better luck next time, Ammon!

No comments: