Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 2012 on FB

Jan. 2: 12 reasons i loved today: sleeping in, going to one-hour church, finishing a 1000 pc. puzzle, eating turkey, playing games, being with friends, visiting with Josh's family, watching home videos, laughing, having a clean house, hearing Josh say he loves me, knowing that I don't have to go to school tomorrow!!!

Jan. 7: Today is full of possibilities!

Jan. 11: Happy Birthday, Ammon! 12 years ago, he was born around 1:00 in the afternoon, so at 1:00 this afternoon, I took my first grade music class and we serenaded him during his Jr. High P.E. class! It was so much fun!

Jan. 13: It's Friday the 13th...and it's gonna be a long one since Ammon is having a birthday sleepover with 6 extra boys. So, the number of boys in the house compared to the number of girls in the house is gonna be a ratio of 11:1! Bring on the testosterone!

Jan. 15: Wishing and hoping for snow sometime soon.

Jan. 16: I'm proud to live in a country where Martin Luther King Jr. is honored. I talked about him and showed short music videos that are tributes to him to my elementary music students last Thursday, and every time I watched them, I got chills. Sometimes, it is required of great leaders to stand alone--it's an important lesson for all of us.

Jan. 17: Don't get too close to me--you might catch my crazy and I don't want the disease to spread.

Jan. 18: I don't like today.

Jan. 21: soaking in hot springs while snow is falling on my head feels heavenly!

Jan. 26: Just saw WarHorse. I hated it AND loved it. And in a totally unrelated way...I cannot get Coldplay's "Paradise" song tune out of my head.

Jan. 27: I've got a bad case of the winter blahs.

Jan. 28: I spent 4 hours this morning doing our taxes--which is the first time I've ever done them. Unfortunately, since I worked this year, the return is significantly less than we've had in several years--bummer deal. But the upside is that I have a job to claim, right? that's what I keep trying to tell myself...

Jan. 29: triple duty today: doing music during relief society, teaching a lesson in sunday school, and giving a talk in Sacrament Meeting. And I'm having the hardest time getting motivated to even get out of bed...

Jan. 30: In the next 10 weeks, there will be 20 musical performances done by 5 of the grades I teach. I will survive...I will survive...

Jan. 31: My favorite song on GLEE tonight was the "Annie you okay" song by Santana and the Warbler. I was disappointed after the big Michael hype...sadly, I think GLEE is going downhill.

No comments: