Friday, August 26, 2011

a magician's movie, a Maddox meal, and mini marshmallows

In the early morning hours of Day 4 of my trip to Utah, my sister Lisa and her 2 boys flew back to Virginia. The house became so quiet with just my mom and dad, my youngest sister Trina, and me and my boys there.

After breakfast, I went to visit Marsha, a fellow blogging friend who married one of my high school classmates Scott. This was the first time I'd met her in person. She took me on a tour of their house, and I talked to Scott, and I met their sons, and then she showed me her blog books. I really want to convert my blog into a book, and I wanted to see what the final product would look like, and she was so nice to show me. That was a pleasant experience meeting them!

After lunch, I took the boys to the park for a play date with my friend Darcy's daughters. The boys got bored after a while, so we switched parks. But they still were acting bored, and they drove me crazy! They acted so strangely and wouldn't play with the girls, and Darcy and I decided to not do playdates with our kids again...we'll just stick with getting together on Girls' Night Out and call it good! It was a super hot day, and the boys didn't play anymore outside after that.

I went on a double date of sorts that afternoon with Ammon, and my dad took my sister Katrina. We went to the matinee of Harry Potter 7.2. It was awesome! I absolutely loved it! I challenged Ammon at the beginning of summer to read all of the Harry Potter books by July 15, and if he did, then I would take him to the theater to watch it. I read the books several years ago, but Ammon had never read them. He really got into it, and read all 7 books within 3 weeks. He finished before the end of June! Then the following two weeks, we watched all the movies together at home. By the time we went to Utah on vacation, we were ready to see the final movie. It was SO good! I cried at one point, when Harry uses the resurrection stone and speaks to his parents and loved ones who've already died. I just love the Harry Potter series, and seeing the last movie made me want to read the series all over again--perhaps next summer.

After the movie, the 4 of us went to dinner down the street at Maddox. I haven't been there since I was a kid. It was the first time I've taken Ammon to a fine dining experience. Dinner was delicious. Their homemade rolls with raspberry butter were so yummy! I ordered the fried shrimp (of course) and Ammon ordered Bison Chicken Fried Steak. It was the first time he'd eaten buffalo, and he really liked it!

We ate until we were stuffed. I loved every single bite of it! It was fun to eat out with Ammon, Trina, and my Dad, and I'm glad we went. While we were gone, my mom fed and played with Jonah, Micah, and Kanyon at her house. I told her they really like to make marshmallow structures, so she got out mini marshmallows and toothpicks for them, and they spent a lot of time building. It's interesting to see their different creativities unfold when they begin by using the same materials, and the end products turn out so unique!

Day 4 of our vacation was very mellow, but it was a welcome break from the busy days we'd had before that and the hectic ones yet to come!

No comments: