Thursday, February 10, 2011

Music Man, Boy, & Woman

Ammon performed with his 5th grade class in a shortened version of the play "The Music Man" in January. He played the role of Mayor Shinn; he had only 3 speaking parts, and 2 short music solos, along with the group musical numbers. His class did a great job, and even though Ammon doesn't like performing in front of others, he remembered to speak and sing all of his parts!

His class did a great job, and I enjoyed watching them perform! It took me right back to my junior year of high school when I also performed in "The Music Man". I played the role of Mrs. Squires, one of the Pick-a-little-Ladies. I loved being in that play, and I loved the part that I played! The music was awesome, the cast was so fun, and I have great memories of participating in it!

It's fun for me to know that Ammon and I have both performed in the same play! And Ammon thought so, too! One day I substituted for the music teacher while they were still rehearsing, and I overheard him tell proudly some of his classmates, "my mom was in this play a long time ago"!!! Hearing that made my heart feel proud and happy, but it also made me feel old, too!!!!

1 comment:

Sunshine Designed said...

Yeah for Mayor Shinn! (Watch your phraseology) I just saw The Music Man last night. Wish I could have seen Ammon's rendition.