Thursday, February 25, 2010

XLIV Champions

For many (including me), Superbowl means yummy food and funny commercials.But this year was different. Since my husband is a Saints Man, (CLICK HERE to remember), I actually watched the game!
For the 2 weeks leading up to the Superbowl, we knew the Saints would win, even despite all the hype about the Colts being picked as the favorite. Although the first half of the game was slow (at half-time the score was 6 - 10 in the Colts' favor), the second half proved us right! During the 4th quarter, the Saints cornerback intercepted a pass thrown by Colts quarterback Payton Manning and ran it back for a touchdown! At that point, it was over for the Colts! The Saints won the game 31-17!!!This was the first time the Saints had ever been to a Superbowl, so their win was a first in franchise history!!! Drew Brees and his team were spectacular to watch! Usually, we like to have a little party with friends for the SuperBowl, but this year I was in Utah during it. I watched the game with my two sisters, my mom listened to the game from the kitchen, and my dad checked in on us from down the hall whenever he heard us laughing hysterically or whooping loudly! I was sad because I wanted to be with Josh as he was celebrating for his team! I could just imagine him jumping up and down during the whole thing! We discussed the game as it happened via facebook, but it just wasn't the same. Ammon reported to me after I got home that he's never seen his dad so excited during a football game!!!
Yay for the Saints!!! You deserve to be called champions!

No comments: