Thursday, December 3, 2009

3rd Day of Christmas - Eve

Introducing...EVE
Eve became a part of my life during the good old high school days. I had a love/hate relationship with her. I loved her because she had an amazing talent in the theater department, and I hated her because she had an amazing theatrical talent! I used to love acting, especially during my high school years. Eve got the starring role in almost every play, and I was JEAL-OUS. Between Eve and Charlotte (another girl with incredible talent), I never even had a chance! I wanted to be just like her. I wanted her talent. I wanted her confidence. I wanted her beauty.

Eve is one year my elder. I have some great memories with her: Shakespeare Competitions, State Drama Competitions, multiple Plays and parties, Drama Club events. I remember looking through her Theater Sterling Scholar portfolio with much awe; I was so impressed with all that she had already accomplished! After high school, she furthered her education and her acting. The last time I saw her, it was on the movie "RM". During the movie, I was jumping up and down and telling my family "I know that girl! I went to high school with her!!!". It excited me so much because that's the life I wanted to live, and I was thrilled to know somebody who actually did! I wanted to be in community theater plays as an adult. I wanted to get a college degree in theater. I wanted to be famous for my performances on stage. I quit after one year into my theater scholarship at SUU to get married, and I've never done any real acting since. But Eve has. She is a professor, she is still acting, she's everything I thought my life would be. Thankfully, I've matured over time and I'm no longer jealous of her, just really happy for her.

I've never known anyone like Eve. She has the most beautiful mesmerizing eyes, and her hair is just glorious! Her confidence is like a magnet, drawing in those around her. She is funny. She is stylish. She is in touch with her inner self. She is intelligent. She has real-life experiences, and is so understanding of others because of it. She isn't afraid to try new things. She is so awesome! I'm grateful for the opportunity to reconnect with her now after all these years; I'm thankful that Eve has been an influential part of my life.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Amen on all that stuff! I simply adore Eve! I love that you are doing this, and I think through out the next year I just might copy you!

Eve said...

Hearing your description of my life, I'd be jealous too! Reality--I look longingly at your pumpkin patch and your beautiful family as I sit in my rented house and watch tv. I just spent the last 30 minutes scrubbing stains in the carpet because my roommates are unable to notice when they spill drinks. (Trust me--cleaning up after people in their 30s is not nearly as fun as cleaning up after cute children.)

You made my day! I just wish I could live up to your estimation. You're the bomb diggity Kala!

Miss Heather said...

I adore Eve too!!! And I agree with everything you said! I'm so lucky to have her in my life (and you, of course!)