Wednesday, December 2, 2009

2nd Day of Christmas - Gina

Introducing...GINA
When we first moved to Salmon, we rented a home down the same road on which we live now. There are only about a dozen families on this 2-mile-long road. One of our closest neighbors back then was Gina and her husband David. Shortly after moving in, she invited Josh and I, along with baby Ammon, over for dinner. We accepted the invitation and looked forward to it. The evening was full of good conversation and good food. For being a young wife, Gina was an excellent cook, and I was very impressed with the meal. After consuming it, we looked at some of her scrapbooks. She showed me her wedding book and I remember thinking how amazing it was that she was so caught up-to-date with her books, especially since I was still working on my own childhood scrapbook and Josh's missionary books. She's an excellent scrapbooker! Her style has evolved from those days, and it's been fun to see her creativity manifest itself onto her pages.

Over the years, I've had the opportunity to get to know Gina better. We are no longer neighbors, but we have children of similar ages and we are currently in the same ward. She is very down-to-earth and has a hilarious sense of humor. She is a very good listener, and I've noticed people call her all day long because she offers an understanding ear. She is very real, and I like that about her. She loves to take care of her husband and her children. She enjoys her role as a wife and mother, and her priorities always revolve around her family's needs. She grows her own garden, and an impressive one at that! She has an immaculate and comfortable home, and it is decorated very nicely.

She's still the most caught-up-to-date person I know: her scrapbooks are current, she posts on her blog immediately after an event, her giant garden is planted and cared for and harvested precisely when it should be, her holiday decorations are always put up right on time. She is very dependable and very organized.
She is compassionate and always tries to offer a service to those around her. She's babysat for me and made meals for my family numerous times. I keep trying to repay the service, but it is an impossible task and I always come up short. I appreciate Gina for her righteous attitude, for her abilities to serve, for her example of a loving wife and mother, and for her friendship to me.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Kala~Kala-

I don't think anyone was ever said anything so nice about me and I really appreciate you and your friendship. Thanks for the cute post:), it brought a tear to my eye!

darcymae said...

man, i dont even know this girl and i want to be her friend! of course i thought that about the post you did yesterday (and probably will about the rest of them you do)!

Tiffany said...

What a great idea Kayla, I love what you are doing here and have to agree with everything you mentioned about Gena, she is sweetheart! You have been blessed with some wonderful friends ;) and I think they are pretty lucky too ;)