Wednesday, December 23, 2009

23rd Day of Christmas - Amy

Introducing...AMY
(sorry about the size of the photo, I couldn't get it any better)

Amy and I were in the same grade growing up, and we graduated from High School together. After I entered 6th grade, I wanted to know who people were, so I started memorizing students in the yearbook. Amy and I were never in the same circle of friends, but we had some classes together and I was friends with some of her friends, so I knew who she was.

After our 10 year class reunion, I wanted to be more "in touch" with some of my classmates, so I opened a MySpace account. It was my first attempt at online networking, and I loved it. One day, I came across Amy's page on MySpace. It said something to the effect of "I do not collect friends, and I don't want to be just a 'friend' in someone's collection either". I respected her for that, because I felt the same. If someone is my 'friend' online, I want to interact with them like real friends do! Now that I'm the chairperson for our next class reunion, I have added many of my old classmates as my 'friends' on facebook, so that I can be in contact with them for the next reunion. I added Amy, and we've corresponded several times since.

Even though I don't recall any real memories of Amy and I together, there are things that I know about her that I really like. She's loving and cares deeply for her family. She is a great mom, and she truly loves being at home with her two little girls. She likes doing activities together with her family, especially boating and camping. They really take advantage of being so close to a lake, and spend as much time on the water as possible in the summertime. She is fun and has a great attitude and likes to have a good time! She delights in "girls nights-out" and loves being with her friends and sisters. She is open and honest with herself and others, and stays true to who she is, and I like that about her! I'm glad that blogging and facebook have given me the opportunity to get to know this woman that I once memorized as a girl in a yearbook so long ago!

No comments: