Tuesday, December 22, 2009

22nd Day of Christmas - Tabbi

Introducing...TABBI

Tabbi is my younger sister. She was the baby of the family for 8 years, before Katrina was born. When we were little, Tawna, Tabbi, and I used to be the "three girls" (like the 3 musketeers). When Tabbi was a toddler, she had the cutest speech impediment and she called us the "thwee joals". It was SOOO adorable! My dad still refers to us as that! The three of us girls had some good times together when we were children--playing barbies and playing house and riding bikes together.

Tabbi always acted older than her years! When I was in the 6th grade, I was in the high school play "Oliver". They needed a lot of younger children for the orphanage scenes, so elementary school age children were invited to join the cast. Tabbi wanted to be in it too! Even though she was just in 1st grade, she comfortably hung out with the middle schoolers and the high schoolers during rehearsals!!!

Tabbi is fun to be with and she enjoys having a good time. She is outgoing and popular and is well-liked. In high school and college, she was voted into student council. She knows so many people and has friends wherever she goes; it amazes me just how giant her circle of friends is! Every time she goes somewhere, anywhere in the world, she knows somebody there! Tabbi pays attention to detail, and is an organized planner. She is wonderful at planning large functions! She is prepared and always thinks ahead.

She is very goal-oriented and she always follows her dreams. Growing up, she had a poster of the beautiful Washington DC temple in her room. She loved it, and always knew she would live in DC someday. After graduating from college, she decided to do just that! She knew some friends there, and she made a cross-country leap of faith! She has a big sense of adventure and she enjoys seeing the beauty of the world! Recently, she's been living in Taiwan teaching kids English. She has seen and experienced so many things that I can only dream of. I love reading her blog and hearing of all her wonderful adventures! She's an excellent photographer, and has a great eye for beautiful objects. I love looking at all her pictures and seeing her perspective through them.

Tabbi knows who she is and she has a good self-image. She is not afraid to be bold and to be herself, and I like that about her. I love my little sister, and I'm grateful for her presence in my life!

No comments: