Monday, December 21, 2009

21st Day of Christmas - Scott

Introducing...Scott
Scott is my brother-in-law. He is married to Josh's sister Tiffany. The first concrete memory I have of him was during New Year's Eve, four months before Josh and I got married. I had met Scott before that, but wasn't around him long enough to have a real conversation. That New Year's Eve, I went to Salmon with Josh and spent a few days. That was a memorable trip for me, as it was then that we both KNEW that we wanted to marry each other! Scott and Tiffany and their two daughters also came up to Salmon to stay for a few days as well as Scott's parents, and some of his siblings. I remember one day Josh and I were sitting on a couch, and across from us Tiffany was sitting on another couch. Scott entered the room and asked Tiffany "can I sit next to you?". I remember thinking that I was so comfortable with Josh, I would never ask if I could sit next to him, I would just plop down! I thought it was strange that after several years of marriage, he had to ask to sit next to his wife. But Scott is SO polite! He is a gentleman and treats his wife like a lady, and I truly appreciate and understand now what that simple question was really all about. I'm so thankful for the way that he treats Tiffany, he loves her so much, and it definitely shows!

Scott is the oldest of 7 children, and he learned responsibility in his youth. He's now the father of 7 children. He is a great dad and is a good example to them. He lives a righteous life, and he understands his role as a son, husband, and father. He is patient. He treats others with respect. He is level-headed, especially in stressful situations. He is nurturing and loving and kind.

Scott has so many good qualities. He is fun! He plays with his kids and enjoys spending time with them. He is so intelligent! His brain is unbelievable at gaining and retaining information! He's a computer genious! He owns his own business of building websites, and he truly loves what he does. He's funny! He's always cracking jokes and says the funniest things! He's smart! He reads and loves learning. He's artistic! He draws and colors and has his children explore their creative side too. He isn't afraid to try new things, or experience adventures! He really enjoys the simple joys in life! He's a delight to be with and to talk to, and I've enjoyed getting to know him over the years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scott's family said, "Are you sure you're talking about Scott?" LOL

We all enjoyed reading your stories and impressions of him. Thank you for sharing. I am so blessed!

Tiffany