Sunday, December 20, 2009

20th Day of Christmas - Katrina

Introducing...TRINA

Katrina is my youngest sister. She is 16 going on 17, literally this coming week! She was born when I was 13 years old, and is truly the baby of the family; the youngest child before her was 8 before she was born. She was such a cute little baby, and my sisters and I used to fight over who got to hold her! When I went away to college, she constantly sent me her illustrations and colorings, and they were just precious! I looked forward to receiving them! I only attended college for a year before getting married, so from the time she was just 4 years old, I no longer lived at home with her.

She's grown up so quickly! I remember her first school crush (she was in kindergarten), I remember her getting baptized, I remember her attending junior high, and now she is in high school and is dating and driving!!! I love when she joins our family on outings, because she is so much fun to be with! She is actually closer in age to Ammon than to me, and she has spent a lot of time with him over the past 10 years. This summer, Ammon went on vacation with my mom, dad, and Katrina. They were gone for over a week and drove through 6 states going to National Parks and visiting sites. Ammon had a great time, and I know that he enjoyed spending time with Katrina (as well as his grandparents of course!). I am thankful for the example that she is to him and to my other sons.

Trina is so cute! She is super talented too. She sings and plays the piano and is learning to play the guitar. She is an excellent photographer and has such a unique talent of finding items to photograph that I never would've even imagined. She loves writing, and writes "Katrinaland" short stories and is in the process of writing her first novel. She is an incredible artist, she draws her own illustrations, and they are amazing! I always wish I had that talent! I have never met someone with so much talent in so many different areas! She enjoys decorating her room, and spending time with her friends, and collecting random objects. She has a fresh sense of humor and enjoys the little things of life. I love being with her, she is so fun and she has a great attitude and a lively spirit! I love her openness to try new things and explore the unknown. She has a passion for life and lives each day to the fullest! She is very goal-oriented and she has accomplished so much! Her future is full of great potential! I'm so grateful that she's my little sister! I love her so much!

1 comment:

Trina said...

I feel as though you may have exaggerated my snazziness a bit.. but I appreciate your comments nonetheless! I'm excited for you to come for Christmas and hope you can take some time to read more of my book.. :) By the way, who did I like in Kindergarten? I miss those days.