Friday, December 18, 2009

18th Day of Christmas - Mick

Introducing...Mick
Mick is my oldest brother. He is a very protective older brother, and always took care of the rest of us younger siblings. When we were little children living in Spokane, he walked Cody and I to school every day, making sure we safely crossed the road to get to our destination. He was always very responsible, too. Whenever he had to babysit us, he locked the front door and acted just like a parent to us! He was also very concerned about our safety and welfare. One time when I was in high school, I went to a football against our rival school in Brigham City. I was talking to a group of teenage boys, and Mick appeared out of nowhere asking if everything was alright with his "little sister" and gave the "I'm-the-older-brother-so-watch-out" glare to the boys surrounding me.

Mick was blessed with all the daughters in our family; my older sister Lisa and I have only sons! He's a good father and daddy to his little girls! He plays with them and loves them and loves to play with them! The summer before last, Ammon got to spend a week at their house. His family's city lifestyle is different than our family's country lifestyle, and he got to ride the public transportation bus, and ride bikes on sidewalk, and was in walking distance of a park. Uncle Mick introduced him to the Lord of the Rings computer game, which he played a ton, and even brought home. He still plays it, and has taught his brothers to play it and love it too! Ammon loved being at Uncle Mick's house, and begged to go this year! He can't wait to have the chance to spend that kind of time there again.

Mick is a very fun person. He has a good sense of humor and says the funniest jokes. He's athletic, and loves to root for his favorite team--the Aggies. He's a hard worker and takes good care of his family. He's nice and caring and compassionate for others. He's loyal and trustworthy and always chooses the right. He honors the priesthood and is a righteous head of his home. He loves his family and he always has their best interests in his mind and heart. I love him, and I'm grateful for the things he's done for me in my life and for the example he is to my boys.

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

That's my Mick! I'm one lucky woman to have him in my life. Thanks for shaping him as well.

How sweet! I love to hear all the stories of his youthful days with his siblings. He still is VERY protective!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kala, you are too nice. I have always loved and worried about you, however.