Thursday, December 17, 2009

17th Day of Christmas - Jen

Introducing...JEN
Jen is married to my older brother Mick. They were married on my birthday 11 years ago, just 4 months after Josh & my wedding. When we were newlyweds, we lived in Tremonton and they lived in Logan. We went to the USU Homecoming game and dance that year with them, and we had a grand time! We sat by them at the game and cheered right alongside them, and we danced for a bit at the dance and got our photo taken together. Afterwards, we went to their apartment where Jen treated us to a delicious chicken, cheese, and broccoli casserole dinner and then they introduced us to the game "Sequence". We played and laughed and talked for hours, just enjoying the night. It was definitely a fun double date!!

One summer, Jen got a ranger job at the Timpanogos Cave, and Josh and I went on a tour while she was there. She walked up the mountain with us, and it was delightful to watch her in her element. Jen has a true passion for the great outdoors, and it definitely showed! She is a people-person and it was a job that suited her well. She was pleasant to the tourists and she was knowledgeable and loved the caves that she talked about. I was so glad we took the opportunity to go while she worked there!

Jen is a wonderful lady and she fits in well with our family; we all love her! She is so easy to get along with and love! She is kind and fun and has a great sense of humor. She is easy-going and adapts easily, she is calm and is a peacemaker. She's in touch with the thoughts of her soul, and is an open communicator. She enjoys a good challenge, and she motivates herself to be a better person because of the challenges. She is dedicated and goal-oriented and hard-working. She is educated and smart and enjoys learning new things. She has a warm and inviting home where I know that my sisters like to go to often. I'm grateful that she is there for them, since distance prevents me from doing so. I'm thankful that she loves my brother, and I'm so glad that she is a part of our family!

2 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Wow, let's just say it's a good thing you don't live with me and see my day to day. I might just change your oh so high opinion of me!

I wonder if Mick thinks the same? Umm...

Thanks Kala, that was kind of you.

I've enjoyed reading about your other friends and blog readers. What a great thing your doing. Is it working, because- I just might need to try it?

We should take the kids back to the cave when your down this summer. I'm dying to head back and smell those wonderful caves! Plan?

Tawna said...

Amen, sista, amen!