Wednesday, December 16, 2009

16th Day of Christmas - Emily

Introducing...EMILY

Emily is another friend of Josh's from high school. They even went on a date to Senior Prom together! My path in life has crossed Emily's many times, and I'm SO grateful for that! When Josh and I lived in Chubbuck for 6 months before moving to Salmon, we went to a married student ward. The first Sunday we went, we noticed Emily and Joe were there!! That was a fun ward, and I loved that I already knew somebody there, because it made the transition to going to a new ward easier!

After we moved to Salmon, her husband enrolled in the army. She moved up here to be with her parents while her husband went to training. Once again, we were in the same ward. We went to lunch or dinner together often and went to the movies several times. She was my favorite person to go to "Girl's Night Out" with. We had some great talks in the car on the way home from our girls' dates, sharing joys and hardships, laughs and tears. One of my favorite stories about Emily happened on one such date. We went to have dinner at the Coffee Shop. We were seated and then we perused the menu and discussed what sounded good. When the waiter came to take our orders, she ordered for herself and then she ordered for me. I was slightly taken aback, because no one had ordered for me since childhood. But then I realized how much I actually liked it! Since I'm the dominant personality with the loud voice in my marriage, I always end up doing the ordering. But it was nice to feel like I was in the hands of another person who was taking care of me! Emily was such a blessing when she lived in Salmon during that time. Emily was a bright spot during a dark time when Josh and I were going through a 2-month separation. She was a wonderful friend who always listened to me and let me express myself, and then she treated me either with homemade goodies or a much-needed laugh, or a girl's night out!

She moved away (far far away), with her husband who was on assignment, and years later when he was sent to Iraq, she came back to Salmon for a short time. This time around, we both had more kids and the girl's nights didn't happen as frequently, but we managed to go to group scrapbooking together several times. She is extremely talented and creative and artistic! In fact, her scrapbook pages have been featured in scrapbook magazines! I always felt dumb sitting by her at scrapbooking, because other women would come around and awe and ooh and adore her pages (and rightfully so), and my scrapbook pages were just skipped over.

I love Emily. I've truly missed her! I love her blog, as it always makes me laugh! Her sense of humor is simply delightful! Emily is so honest with herself that she is able to comically look at herself and her life and accept it for what it is. She can make the best out of any situation! Emily is super talented, and I love to see the creations she produces. She is real and tells it like it is, which is one of my favorite qualities about her. She has a beautiful smile and a great attitude. She is assertive and knows what she wants in life. She teaches her children about the gospel and invites the Savior into her home. She has a really nice husband and four super cute kids. She is a true homemaker and enjoys taking care of her family.

Emily is one of my favorite people to be with! I'm so thankful for the opportunities I've had to spend time with her, and I'm grateful beyond words for her friendship! When I think of Emily, I think of the hymn "Each Life That Touches Ours for Good" because that's exactly what she's done for me!

No comments: