Tuesday, December 15, 2009

15th Day of Christmas - Marie

Introducing...Marie
When we first moved to Salmon, we were in the same ward as Marie and her family. I was assigned to be her visiting teacher, and I was also given the calling of Primary Pianist under her direction as Primary President. Marie had a definite calming effect on me; she was so easy-going and so pleasant to be around. I looked forward to our monthly visits as well as seeing her on Sundays. I quickly went from being her visiting teacher to being her friend. For years, I had the opportunity to get to know Marie better. I loved talking to her, and often called her when I felt upset or stressed because she had the ability to spread peace and composure to my being.

Before Marie moved away, I was working full-time and was pregnant with the twins. I was always so tired and I never seemed to have enough time during the evenings to get everything accomplished that needed to be done. I often spent my short lunchtime running errands, and usually ate a quick meal. One day, Marie called and wanted to bring me lunch. I met her at the park and she had brought a full home-made meal of lasagna as well as bread, salad, and dessert. It was SO delicious and extremely thoughtful. I often think back on that day when she performed a simple act of bringing me lunch, and the huge impact it had on me; I was filled with joy and gratitude. I was so grateful for the wonderful meal and for the time she spent making it and bringing it to me and sharing it with me. That meal meant so much to me that day, and still does. I love Marie, and this small story represents her true character. She is observant, caring, and thoughtful.

Marie has a delightful laugh, a soothing smile, and a warm heart. She is considerate and so nice! She is a supportive wife and an awesome mother to her five children. She is genuine and real and is honest in all her dealings. She is very level-headed and is able to see "the big picture". She exhibits faith, hope, and charity every day in her life. Her faith is unwavering, and she is a marvelous example to me. She has been a gem of a friend! I've missed having her near, especially as our contact over the last few years has decreased. But regardless of how much I do or don't see her, my feelings for her have not decreased in the slightest. I will always love Marie for her friendship and kindness to me!

No comments: