Monday, December 14, 2009

14th Day of Christmas - D'Neill

Introducing...D'NEILL
D'Neill went to high school with Josh; they were in the same grade. I know her because her in-laws are in our ward at church. She has identical twin boys too, and one Sunday when they were visiting several years ago, she came up to me and introduced herself. She talked to me about her experience when her twins were born prematurely, and she let me know she understood everything I was going through with my own twins' birth and infancy. I'm so glad that she felt comfortable enough to approach me, and I felt extremely grateful to know of someone who had a similar experience to mine. We had an instant connection because of it. Her empathy meant so much to me at that time. Over the next few years, whenever D'Neill was visiting, I always asked her about her experiences regarding her twins when they were certain ages. I valued her advice and her encouragement and her positive attitude!

I love being around D'Neill! I think the last time I saw her was in October of '08 at a football game. I was so excited when I saw that she was there, and I went over and sat next to her and we talked and talked until it was time to go. I love talking to her! She is so easy to talk to and is very understanding. She is one of the most optimistic people I know! She has a gorgeous smile and is always smiling! She is constantly looking on the bright side of situations and she spreads cheer wherever she goes. She is energetic and fun, friendly and outgoing. She is honest and genuine and she celebrates life! She is very righteous, and she loves serving the Lord. She truly serves Him with all her might, mind, and strength; she is generous and charitable and shares of His love with those around her. D'Neill's priorities are always in the right place. She has a cute family, and she is a devoted wife and a terrific mother to her five children.

D'Neill is a great friend, and I'm so grateful for her friendship to me and her influence in my life. I wish we lived closer to one another, but blogging has kept us in touch with each other and I'm so glad for that!

1 comment:

D'Neill said...

Oh Kala - I think I have you fooled! Those were such nice words you wrote - you are such a sweet person. I've loved reading about all of your family and friends while anticipating my turn ~ and was definitely not disapointed. You're great :)