Saturday, December 12, 2009

12th Day of Christmas - Chris

Introducing...CHRIS

I met Chris less than a year ago. She is friends with Josh's brother Gideon. She came to a family function last January, and we were introduced. We were at the temple with Malachi, Josh's youngest brother, as he went through for the first time. After the temple, Malachi's family and friends got together to eat at a restaurant. She was a fun addition to the family celebration that day, and her and I became "friends" on facebook right after.

She came up to Salmon in February for Malachi's mission farewell, and I saw her again at Gideon's Extravadance show in March, but it wasn't until Gideon's wedding in September that I really spent some time getting to know her. Chris is such a fun-loving girl! We giggled and laughed and talked and had a great time after the wedding and during the reception. I can be a bit over-the-top crazy at times during social functions, and I'm sure she got sick of me, but I truly enjoyed being around her.

Chris has a beautiful smile and an incredible spirit. She is kind and loyal and compassionate. She teaches elementary school, and most would consider the class she teaches to be a difficult challenge, but she loves what she does and she treasures her job. She is a spiritual giant; I'm amazed at her love for the gospel, her love for our Lord Jesus Christ, and her appreciation for the blessings that Heavenly Father has given her. She is a faithful daughter of God, and she radiates with the knowledge of His love for her. She was a counselor at EFY this summer, and even though it was hard at times, she enjoyed sharing her love of the gospel and her love of teaching with those youth that attended. She has determination and willpower and a cheerful attitude, even towards the challenges that she faces. I am proud of what she has achieved so far in her life, and I am so glad for the opportunities I've had to be around her! We don't live by one another, and we don't have any real connections beyond Josh's brothers, but I sincerely hope that we'll be able to cross paths again!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey lady! Thanks for your kind words. I just love you! This 25 days of Christmas thing that you are doing is so awesome. It has got me thinking about the people in my life and how much they mean to me. I love reading what you have to say about people. I must say that I am grateful to know you too. I had so much fun with you at the reception. You made the night bearable and so much fun! hehe. Love you lady!