Thursday, November 5, 2009

flesh wounds

Although we've seen many improvements in Kanyon over the last 6 months :increased speech, better sleep patterns, improved social behaviors....he continues to bang his head, occasionally until it bleeds. I am grateful that the episodes aren't as terrible as they once were, but it is still very difficult to see my child use this form of self-destruction. His frequent outbursts are a daily challenge for our family, but because of this, we also appreciate his delightful personality during the good moments even more. We are truly blessed to know what an absolute joy he can be!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh wow, I don't know how you deal with that. I had to clean throw up today from Jed making himself gag, but I have no room to complain. Your situation is much scarier. Good luck.

Sunshine said...

I forgot if you found out what was causing him to do that? There was an episode a while back on medical mysteries about a little boy that would do that, and chew his tongue. He bit his lip off, and it was a scary thing for them. I can't remember what it was and... so I wondered if you ever found out what his condition is?

Good luck and God Bless!