Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sparklers

Growing up, us Perkins children were never allowed to play with fireworks. Each year, mom and dad would make certain exceptions to the rule: sparklers and worms (does anybody even know what those are? I don't think they make them anymore).

Sometimes, the things we are NOT allowed to have or use or play with as children are the same things that we choose to have or use or play with as adults! To me, fireworks are one of those things...

Ironically, my mom and dad were here in Salmon the night we had our own fireworks this year, so my sister Katrina got to be a part of the action too! And surprisingly, my parents even watched for a bit before turning in for the night!!!
An evening of Tolman family fireworks wouldn't be complete without those exceptional Sparklers...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

They still make worms, Shane buys them every year for the kids. Harrison LOVES them...