Friday, August 28, 2009

Play-Doh Play-Therapy

Kanyon looks forward to his weekly "play" visits from his Occupational Therapist Gayle as well as his Developmental Therapist Amy. This summer, Gayle brought home-made play-doh for the boys to play with during her weekly visits. Kanyon has some issues with textures, so she thought it would be good for him to work with it. We haven't had the stuff in our house for years. When the twins were two, they got play-doh stuck in the carpet and in their toys, so I gave away all our play-doh and all of its associated tool toys. Having play-doh in the house again has been so fun for the boys, they have all loved playing with it!
Guess what animal Jonah made?!

Micah's interesting creation...

Kanyon likes working with the different play-doh tools: pizza cutters, cookie cutters, jello-jiggler cut-outs...

Kanyon looking at Gayle with alphabet goggles, and Gayle looking back at Kanyon through her pretend hand binoculars!

3 comments:

Franson Funny Farm said...

Jud will play with his play dough for HOURS. I have had to make sure he knows it stays at the table. We have had the carpet and everywhere issues too. Sometimes we still do but not too often. He loves the texture and creating stuff. Love the pics of the boys creations. I think one looks like a porcupine and one looks like a dinosaur. :)

Trina said...

I luff that Kanyon is looking through the shape things. I think that sounds perty fun actually, to talk my way out of a tardy. I'll let ya know how it goes. My pics of the pineapple are on facebook, or if you go to the blog post called "Never Take Friendship Personal" on my blog, they're there also.

Ryan n Heidi said...

Playing with Play-doh is such fun! Kids are so creative, Kanyon looks HUGE! :-)