Monday, July 13, 2009

I ain't afraid of no Toads!

I saw my first toad ever at Wallace Lake in June. Ammon spotted it in the water, Josh caught it, and I carried it around for quite a while, showing it to everyone. I was enthralled with the way it looked and felt. It was "toad"ally awesome!!!Micah was the only boy brave enough to hold it, and he did so just for a minute before putting it back into the water. I have four sons, and yet I'm the only one who likes the slimy "boyish" creatures: snakes, frogs, fish, snails, lizards. I have a secret goal to convert at least one of them, [so I was secretly delighted when Micah held it for just a moment]!

3 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

I LOVE toads. They are the best. Haven't caught once since Provo city turned the wetlands by my parents house into seven peaks. I love their sound in the evening, and their wet slippery selves. LOVE them. So glad you got to enjoy one for a while. And were able to get awesome pics! Aren't gods creatures cool?

Tawna said...

Yay for Micah!

Debra said...

That is too funny! You are the perfect mom for your adorable boys! I am very proud of you!