Sunday, July 26, 2009

Before/After Contest

One of the first computer games our family owned was Wheel of Fortune. We got it when I was in middle school, way back in the days of the old and slow computers! When I was a teenager, Wheel of Fortune used to come on T.V. right after Jeopardy. My dad loved watching Jeopardy, and I loved watching Wheel of Fortune! My dad knew many of the correct answers on Jeopardy before the contestants did. And in the same manner, I would know the correct phrase on Wheel of Fortune before the contestants figured it out. I'll never be a brainiac like my dad or my husband, but I always felt smarter after watching and playing along with the Wheel!

My favorite category on the WoF game was the Before/After category. That meant there was a 'before' phrase and an 'after' phrase that were connected by one common word. For example: "Rock n Roll Band Aid". Rock n Roll Band is a phrase and Band Aid is a thing, with Band as the common word in both. Got it?

My new contest is a Wheel of Fortune puzzle using the Before/After category (minus the wheel and the cash)! Here's my rules:
1. I have created 3 phrases with blanks. The phrases have a common theme (hint: summertime and movie titles).

2. The letters 'R', 'S', 'T', 'L', 'N', and 'E' are already given in the phrases (those are always given in the final round of Wheel of Fortune, so it just seems fair).

3. Try to figure out 1, 2, or all 3 phrases; the person with the most right will win a SurPrize!! If there are a lot of people that get all 3 phrases right, I'll pick a random number.

4. The contest ends this Wednesday, July 29. I'll announce the winner and the correct answers after that! Good Luck!!!

Phrase 1:

L E _
T _ E
L _ _ N
_ _ N _

Phrase 2:

_ _ _ _ S T
R _ S _
_ _ _ R

Phrase 3:

_ _ T
S _ _ _ E R
N _ _ _ T
_ T
T _ E
_ _ S E _ _

5 comments:

darcymae said...

too hard for me. i like easy games!

Sunshine Designed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

The only one I can partly get is the last one! I don't want to write the answer and give it away though, plus I can't get the first part! TRICKY! :)

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunshine Designed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.