Monday, June 1, 2009

A Boggler for the Blogger

I am a lover of games-group activity games, card games, board games, computer games. Growing up, my family had a few games that we all could play together, and did so usually at Family Home Evening, games like: Chinese Checkers, Pass the Pigs, Uno, Yahtzee, Charades, and Boggle. I like to play games now with my own family too. I have many and we play them often, games like: Doodle Dice, Candyland, Bingo, Chinese Checkers, Charades, and Boggle. Notice any similarities between the two lists?! I thought it would be fun to play one of those games with you. So here's my new contest "Boggler for the Blogger".I randomly shook the game and took a picture. Find a word in the grid above, and tell me the word in my comments. The rules of regular Boggle apply, as well as a few others:
1. The word must use letters adjoining in a chain-the letters can be adjacent vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
2. The word must have at least 3 letters, and it can't be a proper noun or an acronym.
3. No cube can be used more than once for each word.
4. Use only one word for each comment, with a maximum of 3 comments.
5. You can NOT use the same word that has been already said in a previous comment.
The game will end on Wednesday night. I will have Josh pick a random comment number, and that person will win a "surPRIZE"!!!! Good Luck and Have Fun! I LOVE this game!!!

23 comments:

EmWJ said...

Foe

EmWJ said...

rye

EmWJ said...

cosy

Tiffany said...

self

Tiffany said...

yes

Jackie said...

spry

Sunshine said...

hose

Sunshine Designed said...

Espy, as in the award!

darcymae said...

chose

Sunshine said...

soy

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm Ammon. My word is "hoe"

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm Ammon my word is foes

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I am Ammon another word I found is hie

Unknown said...

I am Mick
Hoy = today in espanol

Tawna said...

self and hose. I know someone else found these, but it's what I found!

TheFoxs said...

and chios is a name of one of the greek islands.

hod=: a tray or trough that has a pole handle and that is borne on the shoulder for carrying loads (as of mortar or brick

choy is short for bok choy= chineese cabage.

cod is a game fish.

hose

foes=an enemy in war

sochi= is russion adn is some resort there.

ok here are my words for the day. good luck

My Weightloss Journey said...

The only word I can see that wasnt already taken and If I understand how to play correctly is ELF.. :) I will try again shortly!! :)

Debra said...

fun game. I can't come up with anything yet...

Unknown said...

else

Salmon Tolman Family said...

The only words I could see that haven't been taken yet are:
coy
spy
pry
hoes
Thanks for entering everyone! It wasn't an easy one, and there were so many words discovered!

alecia said...

oh my goodness, i love this game! I know I'm 10 days late but I just got your blog today...

cos (it's another name for romaine lettuce)

alecia said...

chi (greek letter X)

alecia said...

doc (techinically not an abbreviation)