Friday, June 5, 2009

20 Questions for Mother's Day 2009

I got this idea from my fellow blogging friend Darcy; thanks Darcy!
I asked each of my 3 older boys individually the following questions to see just how well they knew me, and these were their responses!

1. What is something your mom always says to you?
A: Do your chores before you have a friend over.
J: Be good.
M: Do your chores.

2. What makes your mom happy?
A: Blogging.
J: Going on a date with daddy.
M: When I clean out the car.

3. What makes your mom sad?
A: When us kids are bad.
J: When we are mean to each other.
M: When I don't do chores.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
A: By being funny.
J: Tickle me.
M: Tickle me.

5. How old is your mom?
A: 29.
J: I don't know...16?
M: I don't know...12?

6. What was your mom like as a child?
A: Played board games, didn't watch much TV.
J: Played with her friends.
M: I don't know.

7. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
A: Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty.
J: I don't know because I never watch you watch TV.
M: Scooby Doo.

8. Who is her best friend?
A: Hailey
J: Hailey and Kimi
M: Hailey

9. Where is her favorite place to go?
A: Scrapbooking
J: McDonald's
M: Idaho Falls

10. What is her favorite food?
A: Pizza
J: Pizza
M: Cake

11. What does she like most about your dad?
A: He does lots of yard work.
J: Sometimes he does stuff for you so you don't have to do it.
M: You go on dates with him.

12. What does your mom do when you're not around?
A: Gets pictures done on the computer and cleans the house.
J: Read new blogs and work on the computer.
M: Work on the computer.

13. What is your mom really good at?
A: Blogging.
J: Games.
M: Reading to me and Jonah.

14. What is your mom not very good at?
A: Keeping up to date with her pictures.
J: BINGO.
M: Being mean to daddy.

15: What does your mom do for work?
A: Cleans the credit union.
J: Clean the bank.
M: Clean the bank.

16. What makes you proud of your mom?
A: She's in the PTO.
J: She takes me on 4-wheeler rides.
M: She tickles me.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
A: We talk.
J: Play.
M: Play games.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
A: Our hands and feet are the same size, and we have the same nose.
J: We have the same eyes.
M: We both have M's in our names.

19: How are you and your mom different?
A: The color of our eyes.
J: You wear glasses, I don't. You have different hair than me.
M: You're big, I'm small.

20: How do you know your mom loves you?
A: Because she says it when she tucks me in at night.
J: By not fighting with me.
M: You let me go on 4-wheeler rides with you.

Their answers were given using their perspective, and it was so interesting to listen to them!
(Kanyon taking a horsey ride on my back)
Mother's Day this year was great. In years past, I have struggled with this holiday because I felt undeserving of it. But this year, I asked Josh to please not buy me anything, and instead do a requested service for me. I didn't want to have to work that weekend, so he did my job for me. It was the nicest gift ever, and I was able to spend time relaxing and enjoying time with my family! And because of that, I loved Mother's Day this year. So thank you, Josh! And thanks Ammon, Jonah, and Micah for being good helpers!

6 comments:

Tawna said...

This made me laugh! I love those boys!

Linette said...

I think that was the cutest thing I have read in a long time. Your boys are so adorable and you and Josh are such great parents. You totally are deserving of celebrating Mother's Day every year. I have watched you and see all you do. You are amazing. We just love your family.
Aunt Linette

Miss Heather said...

That was really fun to read. They are cute boys! And you ARE a great mom!!

Sunshine said...

that's so cute! Great idea, too!

Hailey Linger said...

Oh man that was so sweet. What a great way to be able to see what your children think of you. All I know is you ARE a terriffic mother and your children love you very much.

birdeeb said...

Awesome! I did this with Benjamin & it's on my Facebook notes...it's fun to see what your kids REALLY know about you. ;o)