Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Solitude

This is the story about the day I got to be alone. A few months ago, I started feeling the bad-mommy in me take over. So one Thursday afternoon in March, I drove to Idaho Falls to attend a HeadStart meeting. I stayed in a hotel alone (a nice one too!). The next morning, I went to the temple alone (after sleeping in). I spent hours shopping alone (normally I'm a git-r-done shopper). I had lunch with a dear friend (at the new Red Robin--yum yum).When the day was done, I drove home alone in silence (I even turned off the radio). The overnight trip was just what I needed. It was so nice for me to be alone: to feel the peace, to hear the quiet, to have some solitude. The last time I did this was May 2003. I think maybe now I will do this more often than every 6 years! I felt rejuvenated because of it, and have been in good-mommy mode ever since!

4 comments:

Candise said...

You'd better call me next time...I had a great time with you! I always do...

Sunshine Designed said...

Good for you! Mick thinks I'm crazy when I want alone time. For 24 hours would be a dream!

Tawna said...

I'm a HUGE fan of alone time, I need it often, so I'm sure it will be so hard for me when I'm a mom to get it, but good for you for taking a break! You have to take care of yourself in order to take care of those around you. I sure love you, sister!

My Weightloss Journey said...

I am so glad that you got to take some time for just you. To focus on you and what you need :) That is the best therapy in the world.. I agree. :)