Friday, May 29, 2009

Easter 2009

My goal is to be caught up on my blog so that I can post about events within a week of them happening. I've been playing catch-up this whole month of May, and have done posts about February, March, and April. Easter was the second weekend of April, so I'm getting closer!
Every year for Easter, we go to to my parents' home in Tremonton. My mom has an awesome tradition of Easter egg hunts for children AND adults! It is so much fun! While Josh and I were gone for 2 nights, she spent time with the boys coloring Easter eggs, and decorating egg-shaped cakes. They were so proud of their work and couldn't wait to show us when we came back on Saturday!Usually the big Easter egg hunts are on Sunday, but this year we did them on Saturday evening because of everyone's schedules. My mom uses around 200 plastic eggs for the adult hunt. She numbers them and my dad hides them all in the yard, along with 4 elusive gold and silver eggs. Everyone gets to pick up a certain number of eggs, like 12 or 15, depending on the number of participants. The gold and silver eggs are worth more money ($10 and $5), and the numbered eggs have a pre-determined money amounts (from .25 to 2.00) that is revealed and tallied after the hunt is over. My mom keeps track every year who the gold and silver winners were, who got the most money received, and who got the least.
(everyone at the starting line before the hunt.) (the gold and silver egg winners this year: Mick, Cody, Trina, Ammon)
(Trina as the cashier!)
For the first time in several years, Josh didn't find a golden egg!!! But this was the first time Mick did, and he was ecstatic! For the children's hunt, they have smaller money amounts, from .05 to .50, and a mystery egg that's worth more money like $2 or $1. For the first time this year, my mom did the children's hunt and the adult's hunt at the same time. Usually the kid hunt is in the front yard, and then we go to the backyard for the adult hunt. On Sunday morning, Easter, the boys found their baskets and goodies in the front room. They also searched for their hard-boiled colored eggs inside the house. Kanyon was happy to get some "Cars" movie toy cars, Micah loved his new bike horn, Jonah was excited to get a new kite, and Ammon was thrilled about another new football.
Then the boys and cousin Aspen (who had gotten to spend the night at Grandma's house too) blew bubbles and wrote on the sidewalk with chalk while Josh and I packed up to go home. It was an absolutely gorgeous day!We all love having Easter at Grandma and Grandpa's house. The food is always delicious (homemade potatoes au gratin and ham, yum yum), the company is delightful (I love it when the family comes together for fun times), and the traditions are so well-planned and absolutely the best!!!

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I've decided, once again, that your boys are just the cutest boys! I can't handle their cuteness. You guys make awesome kids together! :)

Debra said...

Oh how fun! We love Easter! It was fun to see pictures of your parents....It's been years! I always thought your Dad was a great teacher. I also love that you are catching up with your pictures. Way to go Kala!

Sunshine Designed said...

Great pics Kala, love the bubbles.