Sunday, December 14, 2008

5-Star Song

There is a song I've had in my head for a week now. It's a Christmas song that I heard a lot when I was younger, but I never hear anymore. It just entered my mind out of nowhere; I remembered a lot of the lyrics, and the entire tune. I can't stop singing it, so I wanted to share it with you. It's my favorite Christmas song other than O Holy Night.

"Beneath the Christmas Star" sung by Judy Collins

Children sleeping, Santa's keeping
Promises through the night,
Snow is falling, sleighbells calling,
Carols sung by candlelight,
Wrap the gifts, trim the tree,
Share love with family.

Chorus:
Open hearts, beneath the Christmas star,
There is love, beneath the Christmas star,
There is room for all to share in the joy,
Beneath the Christmas star.

People listen, snowmen glisten
In the light, the light of love,
Strangers meeting, friendly greeting,
Dollar in a needy glove,
Light the lights, trim the tree,
Share love with family

Chorus:
Open hearts, beneath the Christmas star,
There is love, beneath the Christmas star,
There is room for all to share in the joy,
Beneath the Christmas star.

There's nothing that makes my mood more alive than music. It's so powerful. I thought that if I put the lyrics on my blog then I would read them and sing them more often, and thus influence my mood to feel the Spirit of Christmas more!

3 comments:

Hailey Linger said...

Beautiful song Kala, but now I need you to sing it to me so I know the tune. Maybe next time we scrapbook huh? That always seems to be our "who was just singing this song, I can't get it out of my head?, night. By the way, on Sunday Wyatt informed me you have a way better voice than I do. I have to agree.

Barb said...

I was Googling trying to find that song. It has special meaning to me and my children. It was only released on cassette to my knowledge. :(

Barb said...

I found it!!! It's on my blog now.. and just as beautiful as I remembered. :)