Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Card

The Tolman Family
Christmas Countdown in...

10. Kala & Josh celebrated TEN years of marriage with a TEN day vacation to England & Scotland.

9. Josh coached NINE kids in Little League Baseball (Ammon included), Ammon got baptized on the NINTH of February by his dad, Kala made NINE bottles of a freezer jam, Kanyon played miniature golf on NINE holes, Jonah and Micah both checked out NINE books during the Library Summer Reading Program.

8. Ammon turned EIGHT in January, Josh has worked at the golf course for EIGHT years, Jonah and Micah were good in the hot car traveling for EIGHT hours during Summer Vacation, Kanyon stayed at Grandma P.'s house for EIGHT days, Kala has been blogging for EIGHT months, We have lived in Salmon for EIGHT years!

7. SEVEN places the boys like to play on a daily basis: the shop, the fort, the yard, the dirt pile, the mud, the ditch, the driveway (notice how they're ALL OUTSIDE?!!)

6. Kala has already directed SIX activities as PTO President, We went camping SIX times, Ammon got braces and then went to the Orthodontist SIX times, Jonah and Micah are just one of SIX sets of twins in our ward, Josh built SIX new fence panels for our yard, sometimes Kanyon sleeps SIX straight hours at night!

5. Jonah and Micah turned FIVE in September, We visited FIVE lakes this summer, Josh traveled to Boise FIVE times, Kala has been to group scrapbooking FIVE times, Ammon completed his FIFTH year of swimming lessons, Kanyon learned how to give High-FIVE!

4. Micah and Jonah go to preschool FOUR days a week, Kanyon uses the FOURTH controller to play Nintendo with his big brothers, We spent the FOURTH of July weekend with the Tolman Family in Salmon, Kala lived at the fair for FOUR days as Crafts Superintendent, Josh went to his FOURTH concert, Ammon got a new FOUR-wheeler.

3. We had a THREE day vacation at Fish Lake with the Perkins Family, Ammon started the THIRD grade, Jonah and Micah began their THIRD year of preschool, Kanyon said his first THREE word sentence: "here kitty kitty", Josh had golf meetings in Oregon for THREE days, We went swimming in THREE hot springs, Kala organized THREE ward parties.

2. Josh hunted a Buck with TWO antlers, Kala sang in the Salmon Idol Competition for the SECOND year, Jonah's TWO front teeth were removed, Micah ran away TWO times to visit Grandpa T. at the milk barn, Kanyon spent TWO nights in the hospital with c. dif., Ammon began his SECOND year of piano lessons.

1. Kanyon turned ONE in February, Josh started his FIRST year (of 3) on the School District Board, Kala took her FIRST airplane ride, Ammon met the Fisher cousins for the FIRST time, Jonah and Micah got their FIRST fishing poles from Grandpa P. and caught their FIRST fish with them!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
from the Salmon Tolman Family

*Can you believe this is the first year that I've actually made my own Christmas cards? I made 48 of them, and it took me about seven hours-not including the time I spent coming up with the newsletter part. WHEW! Who knew making cards was so time-consuming? I'm just glad I completed them. I'm quite proud of my work, even if they weren't exactly what I had envisioned in my brain!*

4 comments:

Sunshine Designed said...

Kind-of like my top ten! Great Idea! Good thinking on your part to come up with all of that!!! Cant' wait to get one.

Debra said...

Impressive!!! Great Idea! Way to go, that was a lot of work...I hope you have a great Christmas! Now hopefully, things can just slow down and we can sit and enjoy the holidays...Gotta Love Family and this time of year!

Trina said...

Ya, it was really fun to go on my new snowboard, it handles really good. The first time I went snowboarding in 8th grade, it was with my friends. They took me on a Black Diamond trail. I had to go to the ER..*laughs* Anyhow, you always were really creative. I like the cards!

Anonymous said...

The card was a gift in itself!! Congrats on a job well done. Everyone that received one should feel blessed. I certainly did. Thanks for giving me an insight to your past year. Hope to spend more time crafting with you in 2009.