Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Place of Love and Beauty

The temple is always just that!
This year, we have visited all four Idaho temples. In August, I blogged about our visits to the newest 2 Idaho temples: Rexburg and Twin Falls. In the last two months, we have seen the oldest 2 Idaho temples: Idaho Falls and Boise, while on trips to watch our H.S. Football team play (hence the reason for all the orange and black clothing!).
In October, we watched a game in Shelley and spent the night in Idaho Falls. This was the view from our hotel:
The next morning, we fed some wandering ducks by the Snake River, watched the tranquil waterfall, and took some photos in front of the absolutely beautiful temple. It is such a gorgeous site right next to the reflective water. I love this temple; Josh and I usually attend this temple when we go, which is 2 1/2 hours from our home.

In November when we went to the State Football game, we took a short visit to see the Boise Temple up close. My aunt & uncle's church was right next door to this temple, and I've seen it many times, but never took my children around the grounds.
We visited just as the sun was setting.
I was filled with love as we walked around the grounds and I pondered more about my aunt, and my family, and all the good things in my life! We had a terrific day-long visit to Boise, and we were so happy that our friend, and babysitter, and sometimes the boys' girlfriend Kimi came with us!

2 comments:

D'Neill said...

You're a great mom - going places to have fun (and watch football :)) but showing your boys what is really important! Love the pics.

Emily said...

Fun pictures- you guys have been super busy this year! Hope you had a Happy Holiday:)