Thursday, December 14, 2017

Summer 2017 Top Ten



Go camping somewhere new
[completed 7/29]
We went camping for the first time at Timber Creek, to the west of Leadore.  


Jonah and Micah go to Scout Camp
[completed June 19-23 and July 10-14]
First, they went with my dad's ward's scout troop to Bear Lake, and then they went with their Salmon troop to Treasure Mountain (near Island Park).


Kala graduate from college

[completed in April, but the ceremonies happened July 15]
I've waited for this moment for years, and was walking on air all day! The event took place at the convention center in SLC. I met my first college friend (on the LAST day!!!). My sister Tabbi surprised me and came and brought me fun candy necklaces to wear. Josh, his mom, and my mom also came to support me at the commencement exercise.


Kanyon's swimming lessons

[completed 7/20]
He did level 5 and passed!! His best friend Aidan was in his class, which was so fun for him! He was an excellent diver, and I was so impressed with how well he did!



Ammon work on Senior Project

[completed 8/15]
Ammon worked on restoring and revamping an old golf cart for his senior project. Josh helped him, along with his mentor Brian Troughton, and uncle Tim. The end result was so awesome!!


Celebrate July 4th with the Tolmans

[completed 7/4]
We rafted the Salmon River with Rawhide Outfitters as our guide. It was a beautiful day, and we had a lot of fun! 



Josh and the boys hike into the Crags

[completed 7/20]
Uncle Malachi and Grandpa Tolman joined them for the first time on this trip. It was a shorter trip than planned (just one night instead of two), due to the extreme mosquitoes that were there. They saw a different section than they had before, so Josh got to cross off one more area of the map. His bucket list is to see it all!


Visit Great Gma & Gpa Parsons and see Mt Rushmore

[completed July 23-26]
We visited Great Grandma and Grandpa Parsons in Great Falls on the way to see Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. We had such a lovely trip together as a family--the boys loved the sights around Mt. Rushmore, and thought the trip was even better than last year's vacation to Disneyland!!



Float the River with the Perkins

[completed 8/11]
We took my parents for a float trip down the Salmon River--it was the first time they'd ever gone, and it was a Christmas gift from all of us kids to them, but unfortunately, nobody else could raft with them except for us. We had such a fun day together, and it was very memorable for me--especially when my mom screamed after getting soaked on one stretch!


Celebrate Kala's birthday

[completed 8/14]
Josh made dinner for me, my friend Gina made me my favorite pie, we played games with Phil & Darcy, and Josh and the boys surprised me with a fire pit they'd built. Josh also spoiled me with new shoes, jewelry, a phone cover decorated with hot air balloons, and my favorite cereal!

No comments: