Sunday, May 22, 2016

Week 20

{May 16 - 22}

Ammon was at the state golf tournament in Nampa all day on Monday. He played fairly well for not having previewed the entire course the day before. It was a gorgeous course and the weather was excellent. Ammon was the top scorer for our team at the end of Day 1 of the tournament.

The golf tournament on Tuesday went much better for the team as a whole. They were all more relaxed and their play reflected that. Ammon scored 88 on the second day. He was a little disappointed in his score, but Josh and I are both proud of his abilities to play so well at state.


I took the day off on Wednesday. I worked for a solid 7 hours on my Children's Literature class, completing the last Task for that class. I worked on that class for 6 weeks, and was SO glad to finally have all the requirements finished!

On Thursday, Jonah and Kanyon had their first soccer games of the season. Jonah is now in the U-16 league (for youth ages 12-16), and on the larger field. His coach is David Harry. Kanyon is now in the U-11 league (for kids 9-11 years old). His coaches are the Deschaines. Since Micah ran on the track team, he isn't playing soccer this year, but he IS helping to referee some of the younger league's games. He was really nervous about it, and wasn't too happy about doing it, but he did great!

Jonah's team tied with the other team. There's only two U-16 teams this year, so they have to play each other all season long.


Kanyon played goalie for his team the first half of the game. It's a bit more difficult and fast-paced than the U-8 league he was previously in. The first quarter was kind of rough, but the second quarter went much better; he stopped several balls and had some good drop kicks.

Kanyon is an excellent defensive player. He was much more in his realm the second half of the game!



On Friday, I worked on assignments for another college class most of the day. I was tired of studying by dinner time, and I didn't feel like cooking, so I took the family out to Dave's Pizza for dinner. It was yummy! The twins, Kanyon, and I played SkipBo while we waited for dinner to be done, which was fun for me, too!

Jonah and Micah had their second scout Merit Badge Pow-Wow on Saturday morning. After I dropped them off at the church, I took the final for my Elementary Science class, and PASSED!! I was ecstatic! I passed off two classes in one week. Then I went home, and completed the Lesson Plan for the Application part of the Science class. I completed the requirements, submitted it, and PASSED that class, too!!! I was on a roll! I'd been so stressed out all spring, because I didn't think I'd be able to get all 15 credits done in 4 months, and these were the last 6 credits I needed to finish before the end of May, and I got them done a whole week ahead of schedule! I was so proud of myself! And suddenly, I didn't know to do with myself and my time. So...I watched movies that have been on my DVR since January, waiting for me to have time to watch them. I watched four movies! I started in the afternoon, and watched them that evening and night. I didn't go to bed until after 1:00am.

This afternoon, we had the Roseburough family over for dinner. It was Micah's turn to invite a friend's family over, and he wanted to ask Peyton, a new boy that moved to Salmon after Christmas. We ate pork chops that Josh grilled, loaded baked potatoes, rolls, and cantaloupe. Amy brought two yummy desserts, and we had a nice time together. It was the first time we've spent time with them, and they were very enjoyable company. After dinner, the kids played outside for a while, and when they came in for dessert, I played the card game "Scum" with the kids afterwards. So fun!

No comments: