Tuesday, December 1, 2015

November 2015 on FB

November 5: My view yesterday in Idaho versus my view today in Mexico:



November 5 [posted by Josh]: Well not quite as sunny as I had hoped for, but still 85°!

November 7 [posted by Josh]: Muchos gracias to all, for the many gracious birthday greetings! Kala made this a day to remember. My 30's are going out in style with zip lining through the jungle, rappelling into a cenote, Mayan ruin tour, etc... I am thinking I have found my retirement home here.

November 8: Yesterday was phenomenal: we went into the Mayan jungle, zip lined, rappelled into a cenote, snorkeled in an underground river, swam in a cave, toured Mayan ruins, and laid on the white Sandy beach looking at the blue ocean. Today Josh and i are relaxing poolside and I caught a glimpse of what I want to do on our next trip to mexico: go parasailing!

November 14: This was one week ago and I still can't stop dreaming about it. ‪#‎vivamexico‬

November 14: I don't like being the parent of a teenager; I am much better at parenting youngsters. Experiencing this teenager phase as a mother is HARD!!

November 15: This was the only horchata I had in mexico. I loved it! But I had to leave the resort and go to a restaurant to get it. And the giardia that I now have is most likely a result from eating at this restaurant on my last night in mexico (a week ago today).

November 15: Today was the primary program at church. Kanyon was our only child in it this year, and he did great. He memorized his part about the Holy Ghost, and said it nicely in the microphone. He sang all the songs, too. I am so glad I have at least one child who loves performing and singing music!

November 19: Tomorrow, my plans for the day including making a run to the Amish store in Baker. I have run out of Chai tea, and their mix is THE BEST I've ever had!! Also, their flavored cheeses are the bomb, and I can't seem to stop my cravings for them!

November 20: "Mom, look what I made!" To some it looks like a white volcano, to some it appears to be a howling coyote, and yet to others it could just be a heaping pile of packing snow. ‪#‎youdecide‬

November 20: The boys made their first snowman of the year today--and it's a golfer!

November 20: I took the 4 boys to go see the "MockingJay Part 2" at the movie theater tonight. I didn't like how the book ended, so I wasn't exactly excited to go watch the movie, but the boys were. And surprisingly, it was much better than I anticipated, and I'm glad I went! Kanyon sat by me, and during the part when they are in the storm drains, right before the monsters come, I said "I don't like this part", and Kanyon (not knowing what was coming) instantly responded by sitting in an upright fetal position and covering his face with his jacket! He was prepared to hide from whatever was coming after them!

November 21: Josh had to get some equipment in Pocatello today, so I went with him so I could get some shopping done in Idaho Falls on the way home. Except, the unexpected happened: the truck had mechanical problems with the transmission, Josh was very stressed, and I didn't get to go shopping. It all worked out, though, because I was asked this morning to be the entertainment at a Christmas party in a few weeks and I used the time on the drive down and back to figure out a creative Christmas program so that I didn't have to bother Josh in his state of mind and it saved me from finding the time later to come up with the ideas for it. Also, we made it home without the transmission completely blowing apart. Tender mercies abound!

November 24: Took Micah on his monthly date tonight to the newly opened Wally's Cafe. We were all disappointed in both the service and the food. When Micah was eating his steak he said "Dad's steak is much better than this" and I said "that's because Dad makes the BEST steak!". I don't like steak except for when Josh makes it--it's really THAT good!

November 26 [posted by Josh]: Thanksgiving Sunset #idahome

November 27: Josh's post yesterday inspired me to take a similar photo today, this time by our driveway (yesterday it was by Edward & Kathy's driveway) after the sunrise with a similar, but different, view:


November 27: I just LOVE playing the game "Things". During tonight's game with members of Josh's family, one of the cards read "Things you don't want to experiment with". My answer to that was "Play leapfrog with a unicorn". Then later on during the game, the card was "Things you shouldn't yell out", and one of the answers was "I didn't make it over the unicorn!". We laughed SO hard at that response!!!

November 29: I got the sweetest cards from a group of young girls at church today. It totally made my day!


November 29: Tonight, I accidentally melted my favorite mixing bowl, and burned some rolls inside it. I totally forgot to turn off the stove burner when I was done keeping some gravy warm (it was on the lowest setting). About a half hour after dinner was done, I took the the bowl off the table and set it on the stove since the surrounding counters were full. It was about 20 minutes later when Josh and I could smell the melting plastic, and found the source! Whoops!



No comments: