Friday, May 8, 2015

Easter morning

The Easter Bunny was a genius this year and simplified the delivery of Easter goodies; the new motto was: forget the baskets (it saved on items to pack for our stay at Grandma's house) and just get individualized bags of candy for each boy (thus ensuring that they would all get what they like best, instead of dividing up large bags of chocolate varieties between their baskets)! They were all pleased to receive their own bags of their favorite chocolate candy, and they all got new water balloon packages, too:

Also, I put in a little order with the Easter Bunny myself (I don't know why I haven't thought of this in previous years) to bring Josh and I's favorite Easter chocolates as well: 


After we woke up, ate breakfast, and the boys found (and began eating) their goody piles, they started the annual tradition of hiding their hard boiled eggs (that they'd decorated the night before) in the front room of Grandma's house. This is an activity they came up with all on their own, and one that they do every year on Easter morning! They took turns hiding each other's eggs in the room, and I can't believe how long this kept them happily occupied (who knew there were SO many places to hide an egg in this room!!!): they hid and found eggs for over an hour and a half!!




Easter was on General Conference weekend this year, and I am so glad! It was wonderful to relax at home that morning and take our time preparing for the Easter feast rather than hurrying that morning to get ready for church and then rushing home after church services to get the meal all ready. During the morning session, the boys played a couple rounds of Conference bingo with m&m's, while I listened to the speakers, Josh read a book, and Mom and Dad roamed in and out of the room between preparations. Trina and Dan came that morning and listened to conference with us, too.



I just love this photo!

It was the most relaxing, calm, peaceful Easter morning I remember having in quite some time. I absolutely loved it!

No comments: