Friday, May 1, 2015

Early Bloomers

Today is May Day!! When I think of May, I think of flowers. But with the warm weather arriving so early this year, we had flowers already blooming in March! I have loved watching the little flower bed by the back walkway change every day, and seeing the flowers (crocuses, pansies, & tulips) come to life all on their own! I can't believe the amount of pansies that have returned; I don't remember ever seeing pansies in my garden with flowers on them in March before!

We planted the tulip bulbs in the flower bed in the fall of 2012, and only two bloomed the following spring. Last spring, about 5 or 6 bloomed. But this year, we had nearly 20 bloom! I have just loved seeing them all!  
April 1 - pansies in bloom before the tulips!
April 10 - the tulips are almost ready to open, and the pansies have grown!
April 17 - the tulips in full bloom, and the pansies are thriving!

This small, colorful flower bed has brought me a lot of happiness this spring!

No comments: