Saturday, September 27, 2014

Facial Features

One night I walked into my bedroom and found Josh reading a book in bed. The light on his nightstand table was on, and it illuminated a silhouette of his face onto the far wall. I froze as I entered the room, staring at the face that was projected on the wall. Josh was wondering what I was doing, and I told him I was admiring his profile on the wall, but when he turned to look at the wall, the profile disappeared (of course). So I took a picture--in order for him to see what I saw. 

But, unfortunately, he never sees what I see when I look at him. When he looks at himself in the mirror, or sees himself in pictures, he sees something totally different than I do. He sees all the things he doesn't like about himself; he views the imperfections. But when I look at him, I see the face of the man that I love and adore. I love everything about his face: I like his crooked nose (it's been broken one too many times), his thick eyebrows, his jaw line, his luscious lips, his dark brown eyes. I enjoy looking at him and admiring his facial features. Truthfully, sometimes when I stare at him, I simply can't believe that I'm married to such a handsome man!  Even after all these years, I still think this. I never get tired of looking at his face, that, somehow with age, just gets better looking! I'm so glad that I'm married to this good-looking fellow!

No comments: