Saturday, May 31, 2014

Spring 2014 Top Ten

Today is the last day of May, and it's the 1st day of summer vacation to us. To greet the summer properly, I'm bidding farewell to Spring 2014 with our Top Ten List. 

I love my Top 10 lists! They're a way to look forward to events in the upcoming season, and a way to recap highlights at the end of each season!


1. Go to Kanyon's wrestling meets

Completed 3/26. This was his first year wrestling. He competed in 3 meets, and he did so well keeping cool and focused!


2. Visit Great Grandma Rose

Completed 3/23. We visited her for a few hours at her home in Pleasant Grove. I love my grandma so much, and I have so many fond memories of being at her and Grandpa's house when I was a child. She is so loving and selfless and I am so grateful that she is my grandma. 


3. Take a family spring break vacation to Arches National Park
See the heart shape in the rock? I was feeling the love!
Completed 3/24. We had a fabulous trip to Arches and Goblin Valley and the Moab sand hill over spring break. It was gorgeous weather, and we had such a great time!


4. Go camping

Completed 5/3 and then again 5/17. Josh and the boys went camping to Williams Lake Campground for the ward Father & Son Camp-out on 5/3. Then we went as a family over Stake Conference weekend up to Agency Creek (I didn't take any photos of that one though).


5. Celebrate Easter with the Perkins family

Completed 4/20. We had a lovely Easter afternoon at my parents' home. We ate a yummy meal and dessert, had a kids and an adult egg hunt, and spent time together as a large family!


6. Kala & Ammon go on band tour to Seattle

Completed 4/28. This was such an incredible 4-day trip. There were 44 high school and middle school choir & band students, and we all had a memorable trip together. I can't to blog about this!


7. Watch Jonah & Micah's spring play

Completed 4/21. Their 4th grade class performed the play "Schoolhouse Rock Live Jr". They both had multiple parts and it was so fun to see them perform together!


8. Plant our Garden

Completed 5/26. We planted our vegetable garden, main pumpkin patch, and supplemental pumpkin patch all on the same day (Memorial Day). We've never done it all in the same day before, but it was great to work together and accomplish this task!


9. Go on school field trips

Completed 5/28. I was fortunate enough to go visit Jonah & Micah's class at the local Sacajawea Center, I went with them to the Big Hole National Battlefield in Montana, and I got to go visit Kanyon's class at their 1st grade picnic at the CDC school park.


10. Attend Ammon's 8th Grade Graduation

Completed 5/29. Ammon was one of his 3 class valedictorians who's had a 4.0 average all 3 years of junior high, so he was a speaker at 8th Grade Graduation. I am so proud of him!!

No comments: