Saturday, November 30, 2013

November 2013 on FB

Nov. 1: When I was in the 3rd grade, I wanted to be an astronaut more than anything in the world. But a couple years later, I had a major fear of falling in space and never being recovered, and my career aspirations completely changed. Seeing "Gravity" last night in the theater completely made me experience that fear all over again!!!! It took me forever to fall asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it!

Nov. 2: For the last 2 years, my music classes have done "Braindance" every week. My goal has been to touch my right elbow to my left knee ever since I began it. Finally on Thursday of this week, that wish came true! I don't know if it's because of the pajama pants I wore to school for Halloween that allowed for my body's flexibility or because I've lost 14 pounds in 2 months so my body can move better, but either way, it made me SOOO happy!

Nov. 2: went on a date with my mom to the temple this afternoon. It was so peaceful and lovely! then saw "Captain Phillips" in the theater tonight on a date with my dad. It was a stellar movie; What an amazing performance by Tom Hanks!

Nov. 5: sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I cheerfully say to myself "Good morning giant realistic flying tiger!" because it makes me happy to say something so silly aloud. But then I tell myself how dumb it is that I even know that quote from a kids' tv show that's SO not even worth naming. Please tell me someone else out there knows what I'm even referencing...I should belong to some kind of support group for this!

Nov. 6: I suddenly realized today that Ammon is taller than me. WHAT?! When did that happen? I thought he must've grown several inches overnight, but Josh said he first noticed it in some pictures we took a few weeks ago...I can't believe he's already at the stage of towering over me! Can you see the evidence in this photo?!

Nov. 9: relaxing in style with Josh for his birthday retreat at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort!

Nov. 10: don't you just hate when you get cankers on the tip of your tongue?!! I've got two and I keep trying to bite them off--which is simultaneously painful and comforting.

Nov. 11: Micah informed me tonight that my favorite football team was playing. I simply replied "hmm". I don't like watching football, BUT I do like the Buccaneers because of their colors and that they have a pirate ship in their stadium. I'm impressed that my young boy even knows which team is my favorite, since I hardly even ever watch the sport!

Nov. 12: Do you ever feel like life is just another day?

Nov. 13: Loving my late-night savory snack tonight: homemade salami made by Josh with meat from the deer that Ammon shot this fall.

Nov. 14: took Micah on a date tonight to see the new "Thor". LOVED it!!! Thanks Kerry for introducing me to the world of Marvel Studio movies! And thank you Heather for letting me know there was TWO previews at the end!!! I loved the 2nd one; it was worth waiting through all the credits for!

Nov. 16: It's get better!

Nov. 17: I just learned a new term this week: "business in front and party in the back". I seriously had never heard that before. Also, do you know what Kenny G, Michael Bolton, and Lionel Richie have in common?!

Nov. 18: I dreamed last night that my house was flooding from the ceiling due to an upstairs bathroom. It scared me, and when I woke up, I couldn't stop thinking about. We don't have an upstairs, so it couldn't materialize in real life. Then I remember watching a TV show last night where Garth Brooks was talking about his first night singing as a regular in Las Vegas, and he woke up to a house flooding from the ceiling. Today I'm thankful that I'm not Garth Brooks.

Nov. 20: I love to laugh...hahahaha...long and loud and clear!!!

Nov. 22: I called my old college SUU today to order a transcript to send to the university I'm currently applying to, and they said they couldn't send it until I paid $4 for a housing fee from 15 years ago. So, of course I said I'd pay it! But then they didn't know where to apply the payment because my old housing complex has since been torn down and rebuilt. So, after deliberating with another department, they refunded the fee and now my transcript is on its way! Hooray! The first step of the application process to go back to school is now complete!

Nov. 26: I've been thinking a lot the last few days about how much my life has improved in the last year. During Thanksgiving of 2012 I was recovering from a knee surgery, my 1st surgery of 3 in the past year. I feel good and am so grateful to be alive, to have a functioning body, and to feel healthy again!

Nov. 27: I woke up early on a day I could sleep in just to go to Zumba class. I MUST be crazy or something!!! I looked like a clown with my afro morning hair and bright pink pajama pants compared to everyone else with their hair in ponies and black pants! Thanks for going with me Krissy! And thanks for playing my favorite song at the end, Lexi! It made it all worth it for me!

Nov. 27: Playing the board game Clue with grownups is so much more intense than playing it with kids!!! I'm liking it!

No comments: