Friday, June 21, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

We didn't make it to the cemetery once over Memorial Day weekend this year. I kept thinking about it, but it never happened. It was the first weekend of summer vacation, and we were so happy to be out of school that we spent it doing typical summer things instead (both working AND playing).

On Saturday, we had Sons Day, a fun day of shopping, campfire cooking, and bowling (I blogged about it HERE).

On Sunday, we had friends over for an evening of fun: games, food, and laughter (it's part of my yearly goals to invite others to our home each season).
 
 

On Monday morning (Memorial Day), we planted the pumpkin patch (our typical Memorial Day work activity).


 On Monday afternoon, the boys played with water balloons that they got on Sons Day! I love Jonah's face in the first photo!



On Monday evening, Josh cut the tree stump for me.


It was a happy weekend, and a great intro to summer vacation! I enjoy spending time with my family--whether it's working or playing!

No comments: