Sunday, April 21, 2013

love is in the air

At the end of our spring break vacation, we headed to Utah for 3 days. We left on Friday after lunch, and arrived in Tremonton at dinner time. That evening, I attended a bridal shower for Josh's cousin Weaton's bride-to-be Clerissa at her grandmother's home south of Logan. Weaton and Clerissa were getting married the following day in Brigham City, and I was so excited for the wedding! I was glad for the opportunity to meet so many of her family members at the shower that night, but it felt awkward to not know a single person in the very full room besides Clerissa! I was glad when Aunt Janet & cousin Sammy finally showed up so that I didn't feel so alone!
 
The next day, Josh and I headed to nearby Brigham City to attend their wedding at the beautiful new temple.
 
The wedding ceremony was very nice and sweet; Weaton and Clerissa are a great couple and we were so happy for them! Afterwards, we waited in the glorious sunshine outside for them to make their grand appearance. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and I loved basking in the warmth of the sun!
 
I don't think Josh knew I took his photo here. I admit that I love taking photos of this man so much--he's my favorite object to photograph! I'm lucky to be married to such a hunk!
 
The wedding colors were green & violet, and the wedding party looked fabulous! I've never seen the Forsgren boys looking so handsome!


 Weaton & Clerissa looked so happy when they came out of the temple! It was a joy to behold.

 We sure love our cousins, the Forsgrens. They've lived in Stanley for over 12 years now, and we are so glad they are in close proximity to Salmon because we enjoy visiting them. It's been fun to watch their family grow up (and up and up and up--they're all so tall!). This is the Forsgren family with their new addition (minus Eric, who's on a mission):

After watching the wedding party take photos for a while, Josh and I headed back to my mom's house to pick up the boys and bring them back to Brigham City to attend their reception. My mom was so great to babysit them for us, and they had a good time hanging out at her house in our absence! We stayed at the reception for almost 2 hours, visiting with other family members, and letting the boys run around outside. My boys took the opportunity to cut the wedding cake themselves, and put pieces of it onto plates for themselves to eat...I was a little embarrassed (we obviously don't take our boys to a lot of receptions), but shortly after, the wedding cake really was cut for others to partake of so I tried to put the embarrassment behind me. The boys loved, LOVED the cake. They thought it was sooo delicious! They ate part of the top layer of the cake, and that was made specifically for Clerissa because she's on a gluten-free diet. They definitely approved of its taste--but Clerissa's mom made sure that nobody else took anymore of Clerissa's portion like my boys had, because she cut the other layers of the cake for the reception-goers to eat instead!

It was a beautiful, wonderful day! Weddings are always so magical and happy, and I felt privileged to be a part of this one! And my boys were happy to feel so included, too! ;)

No comments: