Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 2013 on FB

Feb. 2: Finally saw Les Mis tonight. And now I have mixed emotions...great cinematography, amazing score performed by the orchestra, excellent child actors but it got so cheesy towards the end with the actors' wide range of mixed voices that didn't blend well together. It was difficult to watch after about 2 hours.

Feb. 3: I won the superbowl prediction! I've never won it in all the years we've played it. I guessed Ravens: 32 - 49ers: 27. The real score was 34-31, but I got the closest guess! I'm stoked! Yeah, baby! I get to keep the bag of chocolate I bought as the prize!!! Also, thank you Doritos, Taco Bell, Oreos, Tide, and M&Ms for providing good commercials that were acceptable for family viewing during the superbowl.

Feb. 7: whew. what a day. what a week. Trying to get ready for 3 different upcoming musical shows, totalling 12 different performances in the next month, with 8 different elementary classes is exhausting!!! I'm beginning to lose things (like sleep, my mind, my hair, my voice) and I'm gaining things too (like weight, an ulcer, huge to-do lists, and props taking over my office).

Feb. 9: Kanyon is having his first friend birthday party ever today! He's been looking forward to it for months! I'm on the opposite side of that spectrum--I've never felt so unprepared for one of my kids' birthday parties ever! So much to do...

Feb. 10: It's the Grammy's tonight! I made up a ballot for my 5th grade music students vs. their 5th grade teachers. I got the inspiration from my own high school drama teacher Michael Bahr--he used to do the same thing with us theater students for the Academy Awards!

Feb. 12: After a final rehearsal today, I'm ready for the 3rd grade's Disney Display tomorrow! They are a great bunch of talented students! It will be a fantastic show with all their singing, dancing, instrument playing, and a funny script written by the students themselves!

Feb. 14: 15 years ago today, Josh Tolman proposed to me. Saying yes was the greatest decision of my life. Our lives together have been the best and worst years, but there's nobody else I'd rather have experienced the good and bad times with.

Feb. 15: I love me a 4-day weekend. It's a welcome respite, and a badly needed one!

Feb. 17: hot springs last night, homemade ice cream today, sleeping in tomorrow...these are a few of my favorite things!

Feb. 19: To say or not to say, that is the question...I've retyped my status 5 times already, but stating how I really feel on facebook right now doesn't seem like the right thing to do, so delete delete delete delete bleep bleep bleep bleep blah blah blah blah. Now I've edited it all for you. You're welcome.

Feb. 22: I truly enjoy taking action photos of my kids...I think when this point-&-shoot camera dies I'm going to get myself a nice, big one because I am so passionate about photographing my family's life.

Feb. 23: One of my goals for this year is to take one of my boys out on a date each month. The first round of dates, I'm taking them each to nice restaurants. Last night, I took Jonah to Bertrams, and he's never had such a big burger in his life! He came home so happy about eating the "biggest burger he's ever seen, so much bigger than McDonalds and Burger King!" It was a highlight for me to see him so happy!

Feb. 24: The biggest, most stressful week of the year at my work is here: the 4th grade plays are this week. 3 classes doing 6 different performances of "Schoolhouse Rock". I'm crossing my fingers, and hoping my students all break a leg!

Feb. 28: After experiencing technical problems, missed cues, and missing students in all of their dress rehearsals, the 4th graders came together and performed so well for their parent shows! I am so pleased with them and all their hard work on our play Schoolhouse Rock!

No comments: