Monday, November 19, 2012

Jack-O-Lantern Teeth

During the first week of October, Kanyon lost his first tooth at school. His teacher, Mrs. Foote, made a little drawing to attach the tooth to. He was SOOO excited and couldn't wait to show me his tooth!


Within 2 weeks, he went from missing one tooth to three! They were dropping like flies! We teased him that he could go as a jack-o-lantern for Halloween, he just had to paint his face orange!

He was so happy to make money on his missing teeth, and was super excited to put the tooth pillow by his sleeping pillow each of those 3 nights. The tooth fairy rewarded him with a $1 each time.

Jonah and Micah have been losing teeth lately, too. They lost an identical tooth within one day of each other! Jonah lost one again the other day, but reported the next morning that the tooth fairy never came in the night. Micah empathized with him, and said "Yeah, one time I put my tooth under my pillow for 5 nights, but the tooth fairy never came, so I just threw away my tooth". Whooops!!! I explained to both of them that missing teeth have to be reported to parents first in order to show up on the tooth fairy's radar!!!

2 comments:

Franson Funny Farm said...

Haha Once when the tooth fairy was 'out of practice' at our house for quite a while, then Kim lost a tooth, it took well over a week before the tooth fairy remembered to come. I just told her it was a tooth fairy-in-training so he/she wasn't very good at remembering to come. That worked!

darcymae said...

He looks handsome in his glasses!

He is too little to be losing teeth! I still think of him as a baby.