Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October 2012 on FB

Oct. 1: How do billboards talk? Sign language!

Oct. 2: I love learning more about my students through "Roll & Tell", a weekly positive listening & sharing time that I conceptualized. Apparently, my students have all come to love it too, because on the days when we don't do it, they all ask for it! I love teaching music...even on days that are stressful and exhausting like today.

Oct. 4: SOOOO grateful for 4 day weekends. We have a lot to do to get ready for the pumpkin patch opening next weekend!

Oct. 5: What a gorgeous fall day today! I've been working on preparations for the pumpkin patch opening next weekend... Corn bag toss--check. pumpkin carriage backdrop--check. strawbale photo area--check. Working on the pumpkin slingshot and the haybale maze next!!! I'm getting SOOO excited!

Oct. 6: One bonus for having two bathrooms is buying the nice fluffy toilet paper for Josh & I, and saving money on buying the cheap stuff for the kids!

Oct. 8: SO flippin irritated tonight...I wanted to make a recipe to use the pears I just got off the tree, and it called for fresh or frozen cranberries. Do you think there's any of that in this town? A big fat NOPE! Sometimes it sucks that Salmon has just the one grocery store!!! I drove to every possible store in town that has freezers, and not one had cranberries!!!

Oct. 10: SOOO proud of Ammon today! He got 3rd place at his final XC meet of the season. It was a beautiful day, and he raced on the Salmon XC course at the Salmon Valley Golf Course. I loved being on Josh's gorgeous course and watching my amazing son race his heart out!

Oct. 11: TGIT! I had such a difficult day at school...because of my own child. He cried for an hour, and threw a giant tantrum at school, and I ended up crying off and on all afternoon because I don't know what to do to help him anymore. I've initiated the process to get him back on an IEP, even though it's been 10 months since he's had one. He was diagnosed with PDD on the Autistic Spectrum when he was 2 years old, and he's been struggling so much lately and I feel helpless and I hate it.

Oct. 11: TGIT! I'm so grateful for 4-day school weeks. Even though the schooldays are longer, I love having 3-day weekends to recuperate and rejuvenate myself before another work week!

Oct. 11: TGIT!!! I am SO very excited for the pumpkin patch season opening tomorrow! The Lil' Munchkins Patch of Pumpkins will be open EVERY Friday & Saturday in October from 11am - 5pm. 9 varieties of pumpkins, and all orange ones are 15c/lb. Also, the patch includes: Hay Bale Maze, Corn Bag Toss, Garden Slingshot, Guessing Games, Prizes, Pumpkin Food, and Photo backdrops so bring your cameras and Join the Fun for all!!!

Oct. 12: It was such a beautiful day at our pumpkin patch!!! I made some pumpkin fudge for the special occasion, and it is delicious!!!

Oct. 13: Had a wonderful day in the Pumpkin Patch! 2 days down, 4 to go (Fridays & Saturdays til the end of October). Sold out of spotted pumpkins and pumpkin fudge! I had a great time...being in the patch fills me with such happiness!

Oct. 15: Happy thoughts for today: my Kindergartener Kanyon had a good day at school, my twins Jonah & Micah want to play SkipBo with me, Ammon went hunting with Josh, and my laundry is clean! So grateful for a happy Monday!

Oct. 16: Dreading: in one month from today, I will be going under the knife to fix my left knee. Anticipating: good weather this weekend for pumpkin patch sales. Sad about: there's no ice cream in the freezer. Happy about: my students performing and winning at Salmon Idol Jr. tonight!

Oct. 18: Just finished making another round of pumpkin fudge and pumpkin pies for the pumpkin patch sales tomorrow! I love the way that it makes my house smell! So yummy!

Oct. 19: I love fall. I love food, too. I love our pumpkin patch; it's the perfect marriage of the two.

Oct. 20: What a long, fulfilling day. Thank you to all of you who came out to our Pumpkin Patch! I just LOVE our customers! I have so much fun and am always filled with such happiness after spending the day there!

Oct. 21: What a beautiful, perfect Sunday! I spent the morning cleaning the house (it needed it SO badly), ate lunch in our [clean] home with extended family after church, and this evening the kids spent a lot of time outside because of the warm weather. I love fall.

Oct. 23: this snowy, blustery, cold weather makes me crave Chai tea! Guess some baking & hot chocolate will have to do since I have no Chai in this house.

Oct. 25: One more weekend of Pumpkin Patch fun, and then we're done! Just finishing up making another round of fresh pumpkin fudge & pie for it. I'm hoping for weather other than snow for the next two days!  Although I was not complaining when I woke up to the white stuff this morning!

Oct. 27: Despite the snow that's on the ground, the Lil Munchkins Patch of Pumpkins will be open today for the last time this year!!!!

Oct. 29: Carved pumpkins with the kiddos tonight. I absolutely enjoyed every minute! this was the first year that the boys carved their own, because we finally broke down and bought pumpkin carving kits instead of using kitchen knives! They did so good...we have a deer, a pirate flag, a grimm reaper, and a scary face. It reminded me why I love this time of year so much!

Oct. 31: Being a mother of 4 boys means life is never boring. In one week's time, one boy broke a school window (accidentally at recess with a basketball), one boy had a trip to the e.r. (fell off a haybale head-first onto a rock & got 4 stitches), one boy got pink eye (it's been going around something fierce in Salmon), and one boy broke his glasses (he swears it was his friend's fault!).

No comments: