Friday, April 13, 2012

One of my Qwirks

I am board game addict. I have been ever since I was a teenager, when I played some games with the neighbors that our family didn't own.

Every time I go to D.I., I check out their board games, and I almost always come away with one or more. I like the idea of not paying full price for a game that I might not like (which happens, and I'm always giving away games to the schools that our whole family won't play together). Every year, I like to purchase at least one brand new game too, and I research different and new games that would be good for our whole family to play: adults and kids alike. Josh's brother Gideon knows how much I love games and how often we play them as a family, and every year for Christmas, he asks what game I would like that we DON'T own yet. This year, he gifted us the game of Qwirkle, and I absolutely love it!!! (thank you, Gideon!)

Qwirkle is easy to understand, and fun to play! It deals with shapes and colors, so kids can play (even Kanyon who was 4 when we got it), but there's diverse ways to add the tiles onto each other for bonus points, so it can be challenging for adults, too. It's similar in set-up to dominoes or scrabble. We have played it so many times in the last few months, and I haven't tired of it yet! Have you played "Qwirkle"? I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

It's too bad that we don't live closer to each other because we're huge gamers too. We get a new one every Christmas & our closets are overflowing. We love Qwirkle! You probably already have it, but Blokus is fun for the whole family too. Our new game last year was Stone Age & we like it as well. Happy gaming!

MikeS said...

I'll have to try that one. Our family loves games too.