Monday, April 30, 2012

April 2012 on FB

Apr. 1: Hiked to the Gold Bug Hot Springs yesterday for the first time with my family. It was absolutely lovely! The kids did well on the hike, the natural springs were beautiful, and the weather was gorgeous. But today...my legs are KILLING me!!!

Apr. 2: love love love the sunshine!!!

Apr. 3: My first graders' spring musical performances are the next two days, and I'm so excited for them! They are such a wonderful group of students, and their final practice today was spectacular! It definitely made my heart proud!

Apr. 5: 20 student performances in 6 weeks: officially DONE!!! YAY!! I am soooo looking forward to this weekend: Family reunion in St. Anthony, Easter Sunday, and lots of happiness to be had!

Apr. 6: lovin my family reunion in St. Anthony!!! Happy Easter!

Apr. 7: all of my siblings play "words with friends" with each other on their phones, and they're addicts. I've never even heard of it until now! Am I missing out?

Apr. 13: workin in the soil outside on a sunny day fills me with happiness, despite the rough and dirty fingers it makes me have!

Apr. 14: our little garden patch by our house is now rototilled and rock-free. yay! I am dying to plant some raspberries!!

Apr. 17: I'm so excited to go to a music teacher's conference in Couer d'Alene tomorrow! I told my students today that they would have a substitute for their next class time. I haven't taken a full day off yet this year, and one of my students said "you don't need to go, you're already a good teacher". So sweet of them...but I'm excited for a chance to get away and learn something new!

Apr. 19: Day 1 of Idaho Music Educators Conference was fabulous!!! Had some awesome teachers and listened to some fantastic performers!

Apr. 24: I just love the new show Smash!!!

Apr. 26: today I learned from my first graders that peanuts grow under ground. I just assumed they were like the other nuts and grew on trees! Who knew?!

Apr. 27: What a happy day!!! Ammon got his personal best time for running the mile at the track meet of 6:32! Ammon also got a first place in the 4x400 relay today, beating 8th graders! And after months of frustration in learning, Micah finally tied his shoelaces for the first time today!!!

Apr. 29: I'm working inside on lesson plans for school this week, while the sun is shining outside, and I can't help but think about how many school days are left until summer's arrival. There are now less than the number of my fingers and toes: only 19 more school days!!!!

No comments: