Sunday, October 2, 2011

Live & Love Life 365 (September)

Day 244: I overheard a student in one of my morning classes tell his friend that I am "SUCH a cool teacher!" and it just made my day!

Day 245: We had a BBQ tonight, and invited John and Amanda because they've never had one of Josh's homemade burgers! It was my mother-in-law's birthday, so we invited Josh's parents and brother Malachi, too. The food was so good! Josh's burgers were delicious, and we picked fresh corn from the garden and had corn on the cob, and John brought chips and dip, and Amanda brought a yummy salad and beans. And then for dessert, I made applesauce cake with my home-grown, homemade applesauce and it turned out pretty good! We chatted over dinner, and John and Amanda stayed longer and we watched the 2nd half of a college football game on TV and we talked and laughed. I felt like my insides were so full: between eating good food and being with my family and friends!

Day 246: Worked in the house and yard, and it felt good to get projects done. We went to the Farmer's Market today for the first time and I enjoyed looking at the different and unique items that the vendors were selling.

Day 247: We went camping tonight, and Amanda brought up her family and joined us for the night. Edward and Kathy and Malachi even surprised us with a short visit and they brought root beer floats and we ate them while we sat around the campfire.

Day 248: We took a drive up the Lemhi Pass today and went as a family to the Sharkey Hot Springs. It was so wonderful!

Day 249: Took the younger three boys to a playdate tonight to a new family's house in Salmon, and they all had a great time! It was fun!

Day 250: Went to Ammon's football game this evening. It was just perfect: Ammon played the sport he loves, Josh helped out on the field with the men, the boys played ball and climbed with friends, and I got to hang out with the ladies. After I got home, I went on a walk with Amanda. I just loved tonight!

Day 251: I was exhausted tonight! I went to bed early and just crashed!

Day 252: We had a yummy dinner of fresh corn-on-the-cob from our garden, and fresh mashed yukon gold potatoes from our garden! I invited Edward and Kathy up to join us, too. After dinner, we went to the H.S. football game, and we won again! It's fun to go to football games on Friday nights in the fall!

Day 253: I love the way my husband loves on me. After he came home from work, he hugged me for several minutes, and I loved the feeling!

Day 254: Sacrament meeting was so spiritual today and I felt the spirit so strongly when Amanda and her family spoke on faith and personal experiences

Day 255: Josh made dinner for us tonight, and it was a welcome break for me! Amanda and I walked around the track tonight instead of down our road, and I'm happy to be exercising more.

Day 256: Josh visited me at school mid-day today, and it was such a nice surprise to see his face!

Day 257: I had a terrible day at school, which ended in a mental breakdown at the end of the day. The bright spot of the day was when John came to visit me during first hour, and he brought me chocolates and coke, and told my class they were lucky to have me as a teacher. It meant so much to me!

Day 258: Josh made corn on the cob and pork steak for dinner, and it was ready by the time we got home from school. I'd been craving corn on the cob all day, and he'd had no idea! It was so perfect and super delicious! I sure love that man! Then this evening after dropping Ammon off at football, I went to see the movie "17 Miracles" playing at the Stake Center. It was such a great movie and I cried and cried! And while waiting for Ammon to get out of Hunter's Ed Class tonight, I went with John for a quick bite at Bertram's. Even though I had another not-so-good day at school, my evening was absolutely terrific!

Day 259: John taught me how to do grades on the new computer program at school today, and then we sang songs for a little bit and listened to music, and it was so fun! Tonight, I sat by Amanda and Josh at the football game, and they made me so warm on a cool evening! And the Savages won again, too!

Day 260: Josh, John, Amanda, and I went out for dinner and karaoke tonight. It's been too long since we last did it, and I remember how much I used to love it! I came to life, and started letting loose, and it felt so good until I became purely exhausted!

Day 261: I did my laundry today for the first time in 3 weeks. I was SOOO happy to have clean jeans again to wear!

Day 262: We read stories and played games at Family Home Evening tonight, and for dessert we ate the delicious cookies that Josh made last night! Yum, they were so good!

Day 263: I went for a walk tonight with Amanda and John, and we had a great time exercising and laughing and talking and dancing--and somehow all simultaneously! Then John and I watched the premier of Glee! I'm so happy to have new regular TV programs back!

Day 264: We watched Ammon's football game tonight, and he played so well! His team has really improved and it was fun seeing them play!

Day 265: I got to take birthday treats to Jonah and Micah's class today for their birthday, and Josh cooked Jonah's birthday meal for dinner: pancakes and sausage links! I had a difficult afternoon at school, and came home in tears, but blogging about my birthday and then watching W&G with John and eating ice cream made everything all better!

Day 266: We ate Micah's birthday dinner tonight with Josh's parents: shepherd's pie. The twins played all afternoon with some radios that my mom sent them, and they were so happy! After dinner tonight, they opened gifts, and we had cake and ice cream. It was such a quiet birthday, but they were happy, and they played all night with their new legos! I love birthdays!

Day 267: I canned corn all day. I already got 16 freezer bags full, and I only picked 1/4 of our corn!!! Tonight, Josh and I went for a soak in the hot springs with Amanda and John. We had one of the pools all to ourselves, and it felt good. Josh and I were both feeling sore, and we felt so much better after!

Day 268: I got to sleep in with my husband this morning, and I loved it! It's so rare when it happens! After church, we had a picnic with Josh's parents at the Guard Station. We ate burgers and chips and watermelon, and it was so delicious! I love this warm weather that we've been having! Tonight, I was feeling sad, and I went over to John's house. He fed me yummy soup and we watched a movie, and I felt so much better.

Day 269: I enjoyed listening to my students share their reasons for "HFM" (Hooray for Monday). Tonight at Family Home Evening, we had a special edition all about "Baptism" for Jonah and Micah's upcoming baptismal date this week! I'm so excited!

Day 270: Tonight I: cleaned out my school office, walked with Amanda, and watched Glee. All 3 made me feel good.

Day 271: Watched Ammon's football game tonight, and they won!!! I had so much fun sitting by Kitt and laughing and watching Ammon make great plays!

Day 272: We went to Missoula to celebrate the twins' birthday as a family {a week late}. I sat in the hot tub for an hour at the hotel, as the boys went down the waterslides and played in the pool, and the hot water felt so good on my feet!

Day 273: We went miniature golfing and riding the carousel in Missoula before heading home, and both activities were so much fun for me and the kids!

No comments: