Saturday, September 3, 2011

Live & Love Life 365 (August)

Day 213: We went camping today for the first time this summer! We went to Williams Lake, and I loved relaxing and reading while the boys climbed rocks and rode bikes.

Day 214: I finished reading the book "The Kite Runner". It was a difficult story to read, and I didn't like it the first half, but I couldn't put it down during the second half. This afternoon, I rearranged the twins' room and Kanyon's room. Jonah and Micah were great and helped me a lot. For the first time since we brought them home from the hospital, Jonah and Micah are now sleeping in separate beds! And Kanyon is sleeping in the double bed now since he hasn't slept in the bunkbeds for months because he didn't like it. I just love the look of rearranged rooms! It's like being in new spaces and it feels so clean!

Day 215: Josh and I went for a walk tonight down to the river and back, and on the way we found an apricot tree growing in the wild. We came home and got a bucket and filled it up with apricots! I was so excited! I tried to make cherry pie filling today, but the cherries growing on our trees are filled with teeny tiny white worms, so I couldn't do anything with the cherries and I felt so disappointed. But discovering the apricots and picking them felt so redeeming and I'm excited to make something new with them!

Day 216: Made a batch of apricot preserves! I've never attempted preserving apricots before, and it was a long process. The apricots were so small, and I had to pit and peel them all. It took me over 2 and a half hours and my fingers turned orange, but the end process smells and looks delicious and I can't wait to eat it! Tonight I went to Amanda's and we watched "Soul Surfer" and ate spinach pizza. I had such a good time! I really enjoyed the movie, the food was delicious, and the conversation was just what I needed!

Day 217: Went golfing with Josh to couples league tonight. It was the worst we've golfed together all year, but I still had a good time! Afterwards, we rented "the Adjustment Bureau". It was a great movie, and so thought-provoking!

Day 218: Got so much work done in the yard today, and it felt great to be outdoors working! We weeded the pumpkin patch, took a load of schtuff to the dump, picked rock in the area next to the deck, unloaded the rocks in front of John's house, and put new stepping stones by the driveway leading to the back door. We went swimming this afternoon as a family, too, which was super fun, but unfortunately after a half hour, we had to get out due to lightning. But we are looking forward to going again once more before summer ends!

Day 219: Worked on cleaning the house all afternoon, and it feels great to be clean! My parents came for a visit this evening, and they brought my neice Aspen and my nephew Quinn with them. The kids played together so well all evening, and I enjoyed watching them interact with each other!

Day 220: It was so wonderful to have the boys' cousins here to play today! They jumped on the trampoline, played with remote control trucks, rode bikes, played nintendos, and set up a tent together on their own! They wanted to sleep in it, too, but the weather didn't work out and they slept on the floor together in the living room watching a movie instead. I loved having Quinn and Aspen here for the boys to play together with!

Day 221: I took the younger 3 boys swimming this afternoon while Ammon golfed 9 holes. I love swimming, and we had such a fun time with each other! The water was warm, the weather was perfect, and I absolutely loved it!

Day 222: All the boys had dental appointments in Idaho Falls today, and I took them by myself. I was so proud of myself for my time management skills in getting all 4 appointments done, at 3 different places within 2 hours, as well as shopping at 4 stores for school and home supplies, getting gas and food, and still making it back home by 5:30 in order to make it to the golf course meeting at 6:00!!!

Day 223: Amanda colored and cut my hair tonight, and then she gave me a pedicure. It felt wonderful to have my feet massaged! And I haven't had it colored in a long time--it looks great! I enjoyed the 3-hour time alone with her while she worked her wonders! And she did it all as a birthday gift to me! It was such a wonderful treat, and I appreciated it immensely! I'm so lucky that she's my friend!

Day 224: We went camping tonight to Bayhorse Lake. We've never been here before...but I really like the remoteness and the quiet and peacefulness!

Day 225: We took a little excursion to the old town of Bayhorse, and I really liked reading about all the old buildings and imagining what life would've been like there over 100 years ago.

Day 226: We took a hike this morning from our campground to the little Bayhorse Lake and did some fishing. It was nice to exercise, and it was lovely to be practically the only ones on the lake. It was beautiful and calming! Today was my birthday, and after we got home from camping, Amanda surprised me with my favorite meal! It was a true delight, and I'm so grateful for her! She made ham, potatoes au gratin, corn on the cob, rolls, and strawberry rhubarb pie! We had John over for dinner too, and everyone gave me a gift after dinner. It was such a lovely birthday dinner party tonight!

Day 227: I booked a float for today for a birthday gift to myself. Josh, John, and Amanda came, too. It was the first time I'd rafted and I absolutely loved it! I had such an enjoyable time on the water, and we laughed so hard! I loved today, just loved it!

Day 228: Kissing Josh this afternoon was the highlight of my day! And tonight, he planted his birthday gift for me: a flowering plum tree. We cut down the Box Elder tree that was beginning to bend towards the house, and we planted the new tree in its place. It was a lovely gift, and it makes me happy to see the new colorful tree in the yard that doesn't block the view from the deck like the old tree did.

Day 229: I took the boys swimming this afternoon while Ammon and Josh golfed. I was having a bad day--everything was annoying me, and I felt better after relaxing in the water for a couple of hours!

Day 230: I finished working on an outdoor beautification project on the north side of the house, and I love the way it looks! We've picked rocks, Josh planted bushes, I put a rock border around it, the twins helped me fill it with bark, and then tonight I got gravel and filled the space between the flower bed and the driveway. It was satisfying to work on it and it felt good to create the beautiful outdoor space!

Day 231: Went golfing with Josh tonight--the last night of couple's league this year. We played horribly, but I had a nice time with him. My dad came while we were golfing, and when we got home, he ordered pizza and we ate it together before the boys went to bed. It was a nice night!

Day 232: Went to Idaho Falls today with Josh to the temple with his siblings. It was so peaceful to be in the temple with him and his siblings, and we got some shopping done, too. It was awesome to spend the day alone with my husband and I was so grateful that my friend Ashley watched my boys so that we could go!

Day 233: Taught about the "final judgment" in Sunday School today and I was able to make it through all of the lesson, so I was quite pleased about it. We went on a picnic to Cougar Point after church, and I relaxed while the boys all hiked with dad, grandpa, and Uncle Tim. I canned applesauce all by myself for the first time ever this evening. It started out rough, but I got the hang of it by the 3rd batch, and I was so proud of myself! I love looking at the newly canned bottles; I think they're so gratifyingly beautiful! Tonight, John and I went to Amanda's house to greet her after her weekend trip to Boise, and we ate ice cream and laughed together for a couple of hours; it was so therapeutic!

Day 234: I hosted a BBQ tonight for everyone in my Sunday School Class and their families this evening. I anticipated about 40 people attending, and we had 33 come! It was the biggest BBQ I've ever hosted. I prepared all day for it, and by the time all my preparations were done, I still had 15 minutes to spare before it began, so I was very relaxed and happy during the BBQ. It turned out very nice, and I had a good time chatting and eating good food on our new deck!

Day 235: Amanda came over tonight. We sat on the bridge for a while with our feet in the water, watching the boys play in the ditch. Then we moved to the deck, and ate some Pumpkin Bars I'd made from last year's pumpkin patch. It was a relaxing evening and I enjoyed it so much!

Day 236: I went over to Amanda's tonight to get a coupon, and ended up staying for hours. We laughed and talked and laughed some more. I love laughing with Amanda!

Day 237: We drove to Idaho Falls today for Kanyon's and Micah's dental appointments. They both did well, and then we went to the Museum of Idaho's "Bodies" exhibit this afternoon. It was so fascinating, and I loved learning more about the human body! I was so glad that Josh could come with me today, and he was so sweet to me! On the drive home, I had to make a pit stop and he was more than accommodating. I just love that man!

Day 238: I canned applesauce all afternoon, and felt productive. Tonight, Josh and I went with Amanda to the hot springs. We were the only ones there, and it was so peaceful and relaxing soaking for an hour.

Day 239: I canned applesauce all afternoon and night, and it feels like I'm finally getting somewhere!

Day 240: I taught about the Post-Mortal Spirit World in Sunday School today, and I enjoyed the discussions we had as a class about the spirit world. Amanda came over after church, and we ate dinner together. She made yummy roast beef and homemade gravy, and I made home-grown mashed potatoes and biscuits. It was a yummy meal! Then I canned applesauce again all afternoon, and finally finished! I did a total of 60 jars of it this week, and I am so proud of myself!

Day 241: Between school orientations and working at the school all day in between, it was a very long day! But the best part was tonight, when Josh gave me a blessing and loved on me because I am SO nervous and anxious about starting to teach school again tomorrow!

Day 242: I enjoyed all my classes today, and we had fun in each one! It was a relief to have the first day of school go so well! And I came home exhausted! Josh made dinner and took Ammon to football, so I took a mini nap, and felt so rejuvenated! I sure love my husband!

Day 243: Josh and I both went to Ammon's football practice tonight and we took all the boys with us. Josh and I sat/layed on the grass, and the boys played with friends, and it was very relaxing!

No comments: